• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM better than others

Is ISOM cigars better quality then the rest?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Who cares

• Total voters

ParaGod

Semper Fi
I was just curious, as to what people think. I have tried a couple of non-ISOM and some ISOM, there are some good and some bad. Is the price and effort worth getting ISOM?

IMO...OpusX is to me considered the best Non-ISOM cigar out there...

I prefer to smoke ISOM's...better quality and taste, and the prices are great!

Mr. Extra said:
IMO...OpusX is to me considered the best Non-ISOM cigar out there...

I prefer to smoke ISOM's...better quality and taste, and the prices are great!
Harumph!! You said it brother!! OPUS, VSG, DC, La Luna and some "OTHER" Fuentes DO THE JOB ALSO!!

I have had ok Cubans and a lot that were hitting on all cylinders. Never had one that was so bad I had to put it out. Can't say that about domestics. But I do prefer domestics because there are so many out there, it is fun trying them all. And you can't try a cigar just once! Gotta have one with coffe, then try it after dinner, or once again with a fine rum or scotch. You truely have to smoke a cigar in 3 different settings to truely decide if you like it or not.

On the same note. Aint nothing like a nicely aged Partagas. It has that certain something which makes it impossible to put down. Or how bout a Trini after dinner sharing good conversation with friends. I am not after the best cigar, or the hardest to find, I am after that blissful moment when a good cigar and a good setting meet. Where you seem to get lost in the moment. Could be a solitary moment driving to work with some good music and a cup-o-joe, could be herfing with your buds, or just out walking your golden retreiver. That my .02 cents and I am sticking with it.

Emo

emodx said:
I am not after the best cigar, or the hardest to find, I am after that blissful moment when a good cigar and a good setting meet. Where you seem to get lost in the moment. Could be a solitary moment driving to work with some good music and a cup-o-joe, could be herfing with your buds, or just out walking your golden retreiver. That my .02 cents and I am sticking with it.

Emo
Emo, I agree with that 100%

But I do prefer ISOMS! :D

para
quality wise...habanos are probably below every dominican honduran nicaraguan.there are some really rough looking habanos out there , burn problems are common , plugged smokes are(sometimes)frequent...etc etc.
taste wise...NOTHING compares.
in other countries there is only a tiny bit of shelf space(or none) for the non habanos.
your question refers to quality but i still answered in favour of cubans.

derrek :)

99.8% Havanas here. Only an occasional non-Havana on a very rare occasion. Though for some reason I still buy 'em. LMAO!! To me there is nothing like a Havana, old or new.

It was hard to decide which way to vote because of the way the question's worded. Are ISOMs better quality? I would say no. Do I like them better? Absolutely. The high end Fuentes, Padrons, etc. are in the same class and probably more consistent. But a good Cuban is like nothing else.

dvickery said:
para
quality wise...habanos are probably below every dominican honduran nicaraguan.there are some really rough looking habanos out there , burn problems are common , plugged smokes are(sometimes)frequent...etc etc.
taste wise...NOTHING compares.
in other countries there is only a tiny bit of shelf space(or none) for the non habanos.
your question refers to quality but i still answered in favour of cubans.

derrek :)
I thought this too until I changed my humidifiers. I was having a hard time regulating the RH below %69-70. A lot of times when I would smoke, humidty levels outside woud be %75 or higher. Now that my humi is sitting at %64-%65 with Verns Climmax in there. Now everything is smoking better.

Emo

Is the "Quality" better with ISOMs.... NO! IMO there are many non-ISOMs that have excellent quality... Fuente and Padron easily come to mind!

As for taste... now that's a totally different question! Nuthin has that "twang" that a good ISOM has... Mmmmmmmmm!

Aloha,

Wade

This is for sure an obsurd question, but....What is an ISOM???? I will duck while you all respond..... :0

gr8full2day said:
This is for sure an obsurd question, but....What is an ISOM???? I will duck while you all respond..... :0
A Cuban cigar. ISOM is an FLA for Island South of Miami.

I am just getting into the enjoyment of Cuban cigars. I don't think the quality is better if you are referring to construction. I do think the flavor is unlike any non-Cuban I have had. Better? In most cases.

I do, still, enjoy a lot of the Dominican, Nicaraguan and Honduran cigars.

Thank you "father"..My sister just returned from there and is in process of delivering some quantity (1-50) to my doorstep....I have no idea brand or anything YET, but i will surely post for some questions and maybe a trade or two..... :D

LMAO...Indeed thank you father and sister is in order! Make sure you let them stabilize for a week or two in your humidor prior to sparking up.

Emo

"Most" people that don't think cubans aren't better haven't had a real cuban. Probably a conservative 60% of the cubans in the USA are fakes. Once you have a good cuban there is no question as to which is better. :thumbs:

Wascal said:
"Most" people that don't think cubans aren't better haven't had a real cuban. Probably a conservative 60% of the cubans in the USA are fakes. Once you have a good cuban there is no question as to which is better. :thumbs:
Your exactly right, a real Cuban is definately better than a fake Cuban!
Emo