• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM Box Sealed Twice?

rknicker

]V[ember
Pulled this from an exporter site. Can anyone here verify that it is true?

Quote-->

Q: I got a box with 2 Cuban seals, the one underneath has been cut and then covered with a new seal.

A: As far as we can ascertain the Cubans make one final quality check on some boxes. They split the seal , check the box and if ok reseal and then ship. From what we can see, about 30% of boxes have this situation. A case in point is the last 2 master cases (about 50 cigar boxes in a case) of Montecristo Robusto Edicion Limitada are being inspected at the time I write this. They are in the export hall in Cuba and are being checked. I assume this is what they will do. The boxes have been in the hall for over a year and they want to make sure they are fine before they ship.

Yes, I can confirm this to be true. I actually have a couple boxes that have come from a very reliable source.

Thanks Joe! The prices at the site were really good, and it's a fairly well known site. I was just put off by that question never having bought a whole box before.

If you examine a resealed box, the new warranty seal should have a serial number that starts with "XX". This indicates that the box received secondary inspection at the factory or central warehouse.
If the replaced seal does not have the double X prefix, you may have a nice box of fakes! ???

cbob said:
If you examine a resealed box, the new warranty seal should have a serial number that starts with "XX". This indicates that the box received secondary inspection at the factory or central warehouse.
If the replaced seal does not have the double X prefix, you may have a nice box of fakes! ???
Nice bit of info there. I knew that they did the double inspection sometimes but never knew about the XX meaning that box was inspected twice, I assumed it was just another seal put on top.

Mind if I ask where you got that info from?

Regardless go post in the lobby and introduce yourself to the guys!

Welcome!

Phil

Phil said:
cbob said:
Nice bit of info there. I knew that they did the double inspection sometimes but never knew about the XX meaning that box was inspected twice, I assumed it was just another seal put on top.

Mind if I ask where you got that info from?

Regardless go post in the lobby and introduce yourself to the guys!

Welcome!

Phil
Unfortunately, it's not always xx .......