• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM cohiba esplendidos

If it didn't come from a governement store in Cuba or a legitimate on line source, chances are they are fake.

pringle said:
I am not going to discuss my source with anyone here.
I will say this though, he is not someone that just got back from some exotic location trying to sell a box he got for cheap, nor is he a cuban that just got here on a raft. He is willing to do whatever to prove they are real.

Are they stolen?

The best price I have paid for an authentic box of Esplendidos is around $320. This was through a very close connection of Lkyman and myself; he normally charges around $400-$450 for some esplendidos.

All my research paid off, they were fakes and I caught it.

They really didn't look that bad, except the inside sticker, incorrect fonts, varying size sticks, crappy hinges, cedar insert not having logo pressed in, and low quality government seal thing. Haha. The bands were exact though, I fear buying a single from anyone now.

I've got Vitasea's addy here somewhere.......Lemme look for ya.

pringle said:
All my research paid off, they were fakes and I caught it.

They really didn't look that bad, except the inside sticker, incorrect fonts, varying size sticks, crappy hinges, cedar insert not having logo pressed in, and low quality government seal thing. Haha. The bands were exact though, I fear buying a single from anyone now.
[snapback]264406[/snapback]​

That sucks,

Are you going to taste one soon.

I'm just going to avoid Esplendidos. Many other types for me to try with more reliable of a source.

pringle said:
I'm just going to avoid Esplendidos. Many other types for me to try with more reliable of a source.
[snapback]264505[/snapback]​

That attitude is going to cost you the greatest regular production cigar made today. Use a trusted source and you will be smoking the real thing.

Pringle,

The key is to establish a relationship with a trusted vendor. Also, if the the price is too good to be true, 99% chance they are fakes. Again, trust your vendor is the key point here.

It's funny I gave the guy the link to that site and he still thinks they are real.
One of his family members claims to have a friend that works in the factory.
Most common line of bullshit, I know. From what I understand he has been selling these for years with no problems. I can't believe people spend that kind of money without looking for as much information about them as possible.

I'll get esplendidos some day, but never a single, and right now a box isn't something I can easily afford. The box I was going to get wasn't even with my money. That person wouldn't have taken it lightly either.

pringle said:
It's funny I gave the guy the link to that site and he still thinks they are real.
Most common line of bullshit, I know. From what I understand he has been selling these for years with no problems. I can't believe people spend that kind of money without looking for as much information about them as possible.

I'll get esplendidos some day, but never a single, and right now a box isn't something I can easily afford. The box I was going to get wasn't even with my money. That person wouldn't have taken it lightly either.
[snapback]264849[/snapback]​

This whole "I know someone that works in the factory" line really rings phony to me. When I traveled to Cuba, I took a tour of a cigar factory and they have guards standing at the doors. You aren't allowed to bring in ANY bags, not purses for women, not camera bags, nothing. You can't take anything in or out. If you have something they think is supicious they will search you. Given all that security, I find it hard to believe there's a thriving business of workers just taking cigars out of the factories and selling them.

Zeebra said:
pringle said:
Most common line of bullshit, I know.  From what I understand he has been selling these for years with no problems. I can't believe people spend that kind of money without looking for as much information about them as possible.

[snapback]264849[/snapback]​

This whole "I know someone that works in the factory" line really rings phony to me. When I traveled to Cuba, I took a tour of a cigar factory and they have guards standing at the doors. You aren't allowed to bring in ANY bags, not purses for women, not camera bags, nothing. You can't take anything in or out. If you have something they think is supicious they will search you. Given all that security, I find it hard to believe there's a thriving business of workers just taking cigars out of the factories and selling them.
[snapback]265031[/snapback]​

I doubt it as well, no way are they going to let people walk out with the profits.

AVB said:
Monica Especials :p
[snapback]265038[/snapback]​

At least you wont have to worry about them drying out too soon :p

AVB said:
Monica Especials :p
[snapback]265038[/snapback]​

I would have to see a picture before I smoked it ;).

The thing is pringle, there wasn't a person here who didn't think they were fake. That should tell you something.

I just got a box and spent a little over $500 and to be truthful, they were some of the best cigars I have ever smoked.
I say the Siglo 6 is just as good for about $150 less a box.

Rich