• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM's

o2thd

Its ok to get them in a country where they are not banned isnt it? Just wondering but I thought id ask.

Nope. If you live in America then it is illegal to possess anything made in Cuba, no matter where you are at the time. ;)

Now, if you live in Canada then you can buy Cubans all day and it is legal.

Brandon

i thoght you could bring 2 boxes home if they were for personal use. what if you are living in the other country .

American Citizens are bound by the Federal Laws of the united States of AMerica. Thank Bill Clinton for making the Embargo laws stricter.

Embargo against Cuba = no soup for Americans.

Yup... lovely democrats did everything... one impose embargo, another one make it more strict...
Anyway... As american citizen you are mot allowed to purchase, posess, consume any Cuban goods. That's it.Plain and simple.

No US Citizen is allowed to purchase ANY Cuban product no matter where they are....

Nope. If you live in America then it is illegal to possess anything made in Cuba, no matter where you are at the time. ;)

Now, if you live in Canada then you can buy Cubans all day and it is legal.

Brandon

:D :D

As I unerstand it, you are not allowed to spend US dollars on Cuban goods, so even if you were in Canada and paid by charge card, you would be breaking the law.

As I unerstand it, you are not allowed to spend US dollars on Cuban goods, so even if you were in Canada and paid by charge card, you would be breaking the law.

Yup...because no matter where you are, you are supporting the "enemy" by purchasing their goods.

I just don't understand why the US has no problems trading with us, as we support the "enemy". A little bit hypocritical.

Except for cd's from Cuban artists, artwork from Cuba etc, etc. The embargo is hypocritical bullsh!t. In my opinion cigars are the major focus of the embargo mostly because that is what we want. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Yup...because no matter where you are, you are supporting the "enemy" by purchasing their goods.

I just don't understand why the US has no problems trading with us, as we support the "enemy". A little bit hypocritical.
So what happens if you go abroad and you accidentaly purchase Cuban sugar? :laugh:

Homeland security's got you in their sights.

edited - should be sights, not sites, silly me.

Except for cd's from Cuban artists, artwork from Cuba etc, etc. The embargo is hypocritical bullsh!t. In my opinion cigars are the major focus of the embargo mostly because that is what we want. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Well, cigars are a focus because they are the number two export that Cuba has. If coconut was their number 2 export, coconut would be the focus.

So what happens if you go abroad and you accidentaly purchase Cuban sugar? :laugh:
If by go abroad, you mean walk a block and a half to my local B&M and pick up a Siglo IVs....nothing! :p

Ahh...good ol' Canada

Well, cigars are a focus because they are the number two export that Cuba has. If coconut was their number 2 export, coconut would be the focus.

That too :D

Sometime ago I had heard about a law that it was illegal to smoke Cubans anywhere in the world if you were an American no matter how it was obtained (gift, etc.). Anybody know any truth to this? Or was it a rumor.

It's true. There used to be one exception - Americans travelling to Cuba on licensed trips were allowed to bring back $100 worth of goods, including cigars. Cigars are no longer allowed.

As I understand it, you are not allowed to spend US dollars on Cuban goods, so even if you were in Canada and paid by charge card, you would be breaking the law.

I pay in Euro, so its all good :sign:

Seriously though, as an American, as of last year, you are to have no contact with anything Cuban. Regardless of what you purchase or what currency you use.

And that was enacted by the REPUBLICANS a few months after this picture was taken.

delay_cigar.gif
<--- Thomas Delay puffing on a Cuban.

So its both parties mess, not just one.

As I understand it, you are not allowed to spend US dollars on Cuban goods, so even if you were in Canada and paid by charge card, you would be breaking the law.

I pay in Euro, so its all good :sign:

Seriously though, as an American, as of last year, you are to have no contact with anything Cuban. Regardless of what you purchase or what currency you use.

And that was enacted by the REPUBLICANS a few months after this picture was taken.

delay_cigar.gif
<--- Thomas Delay puffing on a Cuban.

So its both parties mess, not just one.

that sucks, not even the chulas in Cuba?