• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Issues Storing Cigars

So new development,

My cigars are in the humidor, there is no mold, the RH is 62% and I tried three different Romeo Y Julietta's, all three of them were just horrible.
Tasted old, stale and sort of burnt.

First think I can say is it's not a poor light, I have been smoking cigars regularly for 15 or so years.

This horrible taste has spread to other cigars so I am assuming it is something in the humidor, could it be the Boveda packs?

This is the only thing that has been changed and now they are truly disgusting to smoke.

Any advice?

So new development,

My cigars are in the humidor, there is no mold, the RH is 62% and I tried three different Romeo Y Julietta's, all three of them were just horrible.
Tasted old, stale and sort of burnt.

First think I can say is it's not a poor light, I have been smoking cigars regularly for 15 or so years.

This horrible taste has spread to other cigars so I am assuming it is something in the humidor, could it be the Boveda packs?

This is the only thing that has been changed and now they are truly disgusting to smoke.

Any advice?

Where'd the Boveda come from? The past year or so I've started wondering about Bovedas (new ones, not my rehydrateds). I've bought and used many hundreds for many years, but have now switched to the Integra Boosts. I have no definitive proof of anything.. just trying something different for the time being.

Also, 62% is on the low side.. was that purposely?

62 was intentional as I was having issues wither over humidity so I tried dialing it down a noticeable amount

Is it possible your cigars are going through a "sick" period, because they are trying to acclimate to the new RH level in the humi?

Not sure.

I think at this point I am going to remove them all, put them in Tupperware with a 65 boveda for a few weeks.

Clean out my humidor, season with the 82% for a while them replace with the 65% boveda and start re adding them.