• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It is finally Live!

BrooksW

Well, I FINALLY finished up my cigar review site, and thought I would share!

Take a look if you would like, and let me know what you like, what you hate, and if there is anything you think I should change :)

http://www.SmokingStogie.com

Thanks!

~brooks

Why would you want our opinion if you "don't care what we think?" I didn't click the link but hopefully you are here to contribute to this board and not just push traffic to you site. Best of luck here on CP!

Page width too wide for my Apple, I have to scroll side to side.

Linked to puff.com? WTF?

www.xxxxx.com - Cigar Reviews by someone who does not care what you think

Well, that about sums it all up right there.

Edit: to remove the site name. I don't want to give this guy any pub.

It's a great site with some fantastic pictures!!!
I do believe that he is just saying that he may like some cigars that some do not like at all and that it doesn't bother him. Or even that no one will skew his views and reviews on a cigar.

It's a great site with some fantastic pictures!!!
I do believe that he is just saying that he may like some cigars that some do not like at all and that it doesn't bother him. Or even that no one will skew his views and reviews on a cigar.

Hey, that's fine. Personally, why would I bother clicking on a link where the site owner tells me up front he doesn't care what I think? Why would I care what he thinks about any particular smoke?

It will also be real interesting to watch his next few posts and see if he's on Cigar Pass for Cigar Pass, or for his own site.

Dammit Tom, leave your borderline personality out of this, and stop being "that guy."
:laugh:

In all seriousness, Brooks, stick around for a while and be a contributor here. There is a lot to be learned in these pages.

In all seriousness, Brooks, stick around for a while and be a contributor here. There is a lot to be learned in these pages.

Good luck with that. The same spiel from the OP has been copy/pasted on at least 3 other forums. Word for word, the same drivel.

Good luck with that. The same spiel from the OP has been copy/pasted on at least 3 other forums. Word for word, the same drivel.

He's only here to promote his review site, which is clearly a violation of our rules. We'll have to see how he responds...

Not suprising Tom, but I woke up in a good mood this morning, so I figured I would give him a sporting chance.

Welcome to CP Brooks.

I'm interested to know a little about you so I know where you're coming from in regard to cigar reviews. A straight forward profile would be great, nothing fancy or cute, just the facts spelled out like a friendly resume...after all, you're asking us to read your opinions. If I were to take someone's suggestion about anything, I would first like to know their level of experience in that field.

Are you a 24 year old guy who has been smoking cigars for 2-3 years or are you a seasoned cigar smoker of 10-20-30 years? Before I would attempt to read any of your reviews, I would need to know a little about the person behind them.

To me, this is important....and a few others may think the same way.

Good Luck!

:thumbs:

He's only here to promote his review site, which is clearly a violation of our rules. We'll have to see how he responds...

But he did such a nice job of setting up his www.lookatme.com site by posting a few reviews first?

Kinda reminds me of a guy who joined our country club a number of years back. His first two weeks, he tried to give lessons to everyone at the club including our head pro and our top ten golfers. He told everyone how expensive his clubs were, how good he was at his last club,...blah....blah....blah. He left in a huff and never did get why it was the head pros job to give lessons and not the rookie who didn't know a single sole from Adam.

Hey cmon guys, I have been here lurking for quite a while :)

I was excited about the site (I have been working on it for a long time), and anything I say on the site is supposed to be tongue in cheek...I am not making any money off this (do you see any advertising?) it is a labor of love, nothing more.

As for posting on multiple boards, I am a member of multiple boards (and each board gives a different vibe, as it should be), so...

I am going to be around on this board, as I love the atmosphere here...I understand why people are cautious, but I am just a regular guy who wanted to put all of his reviews in one place so they would be easy to find (by those who wanted to)...

Thanks for the comments...

btw, if it is a violation of the board, I am sorry, and would be happy to take it down, I assumed that fan sites were ok (since I am not selling anything, and I have a link to CigarPass on the site)...

~brooks

Fantastic pictures. Looks nice, hope you stick around and pass those notes along to us here!