• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It was getting too hot here so I ...

Easto

We're having a heat wave here in the Los Angeles area. I don't have any air conditioning and the house (including humidor) was getting way too hot. It's a desktop humi that holds about 125 sticks so I went and got one of my Coleman coolers out of the garage and put the entire humi in it along with a medium ice pack and over night I was able to drop the entire temp to to 69. I now have a happy humi.

Easto

You think it's bad in Long Beach, take a little drive inland to Corona. Good Lord! It's been over a Hundred for 4 days now...

You think it's bad in Long Beach, take a little drive inland to Corona. Good Lord! It's been over a Hundred for 4 days now...

Good Lord you think that's hot, it's been 114 here for a week...

Same in Hemet. 12 1/2 hours in 40 lbs. of gear running around in the midday and afternoon, it's more than enough to give you heat exhaustion.

Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion: (taken from http://firstaid.about.com/od/heatcoldexpos...heatillness.htm):

Heat exhaustion is caused by an increase in core body temperature often coupled with fluid loss (dehydration). It's important to recognize heat exhaustion early and seek treatment as quickly as possible. It does not need to be hot outside for heat exhaustion to occur. Many victims develop heat exhaustion just from exertion. Heat exhaustion can lead to heat stroke if not treated in time.

Signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion:
- weakness

- dizziness

- warm, moist, pale skin

- nausea and vomiting

Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke Treatment: (from http://www.emedicinehealth.com/heat_exhaus...ke/page6_em.htm)
For mild cases of heat exhaustion:

- Rest in a cool, shaded area.

- Give cool fluids such as water or sports drinks (that will replace the salt that has been lost). Salty snacks are appropriate as tolerated.

- Loosen or remove clothing. ( :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: YEAH BABY!!)

- Apply cool water to skin.

- Do not use an alcohol rub.

- Do not give any beverages containing alcohol or caffeine

I only know this stuff because A.) I had it yesterday, and B.) I had to give briefing training on it today. :angry:

Stay cool fellas.

If you need a cool place to temporarily store any cigars, let me know :p .

Hi!

My dad lives in Canyon Lake and I pass through Corona almost every other weekend. It was hotter than hell there last weekend for Father's Day. This weekend could only be worse.

Easto

If you need a cool place to temporarily store any cigars, let me know :p .

I'll put your name at the top of the list :p

It was over 100 yesterday out here in anaheim! The air conditioner has been running non stop :)

Hi!

My dad lives in Canyon Lake and I pass through Corona almost every other weekend. It was hotter than hell there last weekend for Father's Day. This weekend could only be worse.

Easto

I am literally 20 minutes from Canyon Lake Easto. PM me the next time you'll be up and we'll meet up for a smoke dude...I'll take care of ya. :thumbs:

- Loosen or remove clothing. ( :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: YEAH BABY!!)

That's assuming it's not people like me removing clothing. That may lead to more heat exhaustion as it would lead to more nausea and vomiting :laugh:, a symptom.

Ohh man sorry to hear that SoulDog Heat Exhaustion is like one of the worst feelings being all hot Feeling like your gunna puke and so on. But yeah when I was an EMT if their was a nice looking girl the fist thing I would do after putting them in some shade is take that shirt off, Lo.L.

The thing is you can get sued for so much on that job it was insane. Here is a situation that has happened ok someone in cardiac arrest who needs CPR (if you know how to do cpr correctly ribs can be broken often especially the older patients) you do it and save his Life but in the process you break a rib or few LoL (you gotta have that nice indentation in the chest to get to the heart) the guy later sues you for breaking his ribs even though if you hadn't he would have died talk about a DICK. I mean if i am doing CPR and I break your nose then OK I get it how the hell are you gonna break his nose but the ribs are normal. This was in the past though they have taken measures that make it less likely to get sued to save someones life (if you've ever seen a realistic CPR demonstration on TV that hard pound t the Beginning, thats the rib break to get to the heart)

Also for anyone who doesn't know this If you don't have a mask and you don't personally know the person don't offer to do CPR unless you are the only one who can cause sometimes you blow air into their stomach and they end up puking all over your face and possibly in your mouth. FUN!

I got the heat where I live 100+ all week long i do have ac though but I am sorry for anyone who lives in Norco or possibly the guys in Carona if the wind blows right. That much heat with that much Horse Manure Ohh god puke fest man. I cant stand that smell. Although I bet most Norco residents are used to it.

Ohh man sorry to hear that SoulDog Heat Exhaustion is like one of the worst feelings being all hot Feeling like your gunna puke and so on. But yeah when I was an EMT if their was a nice looking girl the fist thing I would do after putting them in some shade is take that shirt off, Lo.L.

The thing is you can get sued for so much on that job it was insane. Here is a situation that has happened ok someone in cardiac arrest who needs CPR (if you know how to do cpr correctly ribs can be broken often especially the older patients) you do it and save his Life but in the process you break a rib or few LoL (you gotta have that nice indentation in the chest to get to the heart) the guy later sues you for breaking his ribs even though if you hadn't he would have died talk about a DICK. I mean if i am doing CPR and I break your nose then OK I get it how the hell are you gonna break his nose but the ribs are normal. This was in the past though they have taken measures that make it less likely to get sued to save someones life (if you've ever seen a realistic CPR demonstration on TV that hard pound t the Beginning, thats the rib break to get to the heart)

Also for anyone who doesn't know this If you don't have a mask and you don't personally know the person don't offer to do CPR unless you are the only one who can cause sometimes you blow air into their stomach and they end up puking all over your face and possibly in your mouth. FUN!

I got the heat where I live 100+ all week long i do have ac though but I am sorry for anyone who lives in Norco or possibly the guys in Carona if the wind blows right. That much heat with that much Horse Manure Ohh god puke fest man. I cant stand that smell. Although I bet most Norco residents are used to it.

In truth you can sue someone for anything, however, one would not lose a court case for the above mentioned. As a lay person you would be protected under most states Good Samaritan laws, these laws protect people who act in an emergency as long as the act in good faith and to the best of their abiltiy.

As a heatlth care provider, one has a slightly higher burden to meet. First one most consider, Do I have a duty to act? In some states the answer is yes, as a healthcare provide you may be found negligent in not acting. If the answer of sitaution leads the health care provider to act they usually are immune to laws suit provide they act in good faith and provide the level of care that their training allows.

To find someone Negligent some things have to be proven.
1. There was a Duty to Act
2. Some type of Harm resulted for Act of Omission
3. The provide did not provide standard of care

So basically, yes ribs do get broken during CPR, but one will not found liable by anyone for that.

Come on up to Minnesota in, say, February, and we'll fix your wagon for real. During cold snaps, I have seen temps (with wind chill) drop to 70 below - and we aren't even in the cold part of the state :D

Water pipes in heated but poorly insulated houses can burst, truck drivers leave their trucks running all the time, you can get frostbite just going to get your mail, and you can enter the early stages of hypothermia in minutes if you aren't dressed properly.

Come on up to Minnesota in, say, February, and we'll fix your wagon for real. During cold snaps, I have seen temps (with wind chill) drop to 70 below - and we aren't even in the cold part of the state :D

Water pipes in heated but poorly insulated houses can burst, truck drivers leave their trucks running all the time, you can get frostbite just going to get your mail, and you can enter the early stages of hypothermia in minutes if you aren't dressed properly.

OMG!

OMG!
I'm in the cold part of the state. :(

From the middle of January to the end of February I try to avoid going outside very much if I can help it. It's below zero (teens below zero) for pretty much that whole time and if there's any wind, watch out!

Why the hell does anyone live here?!

It's nice this time of year, though. Today was the first time since last August we were over 80*F. If it gets much warmer people are going to start complaining about the "brutal heat of summer." :laugh:

It's still 62 in my basement, though. :cool:

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='683913' date='Jun 22 2008, 07:35 AM']- Loosen or remove clothing. ( :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: YEAH BABY!!)

That's assuming it's not people like me removing clothing. That may lead to more heat exhaustion as it would lead to more nausea and vomiting :laugh:, a symptom.[/quote]

Holy crap I spit out my pop!! Very funny stuff. :laugh:

I have the same issue and use the ice pack method. BUT using the ice pack method causes the RH to drop. I would rather have my sticks be at 68*
than 75*. But heres the thing. I have noticed my smokes that I enjoy regularly have been tasting a little different. They are burning a little faster which is causing some bitterness that wasn't there before. My RH is right around 59-60. So which is the lesser of the two evils? You must decide for yourself.

I should just spring for a Vinotemp and stop being a cheapskate.

We're having a heat wave here in the Los Angeles area. I don't have any air conditioning and the house (including humidor) was getting way too hot. It's a desktop humi that holds about 125 sticks so I went and got one of my Coleman coolers out of the garage and put the entire humi in it along with a medium ice pack and over night I was able to drop the entire temp to to 69. I now have a happy humi.

Easto