• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It was one of those nights...

Uncle Boo

I was looking forward to a Hoyo De Monterey Excalibur after a nice run and dinner. I couldn't get the cigar lit. The dang thing felt like a rock with 0 draw. I tried rolling it in my fingers to loosen it up and it still wouldn't draw at all. I rolled it a little more and the wrapper split rendering it useless. In the trash it went.

Then I pulled out a Maria Mancini Maduro which lit just fine. It was good for 1/2 the stick then every time I put it down it would go out. I'd light it again, have a few puffs, put it down then it would go out. I finally got fed up with it and gave up.

I guess tonight is not a smoking night. :( My coolidor is at 70% and my desktop humi is in the low 60% which is where both of these sticks came from. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong or if there was something I could have done to save the cigars?

Same thing happened to me Uncle Boo. I went for a HDM Excalibur and it was hard as a rock. Would not pull for @#%$&#! Went for a kingB and all was good. When all else fails, go to the Fuentes. Don't give up man. It's still early. ;)

Man I hate those days usually it ends up with trying a new cigar that ends up tasteing(sp) like $hit :0

I have had those kind of days as well. I usually just take a break for a while and light up another cigar.

Even if it goes into the next day that is alright. I will be the start of a "good" day.

today wasn't a good day for me either. the two cigars i had tonight were absolutely terrible and my box from cbid went from a nice square to a half moon by time it reached my doorstep. :angry: oh well, more sacrifices to the fire!

I feel for ya man. I recently had one of those nights myself and I have had to learn to just toss a stick if it sucks and not waste the time. Easier said then done sometimes, especially if it is a bit pricey. Good luck though!

<<<I was looking forward to a Hoyo De Monterey Excalibur after a nice run and dinner. I couldn't get the cigar lit. The dang thing felt like a rock with 0 draw. I tried rolling it in my fingers to loosen it up and it still wouldn't draw at all. I rolled it a little more and the wrapper split rendering it useless. In the trash it went.>>>

Basically, the same thing happened to me last night, except for the running part!! After a long day, I was looking forward to sitting back and smoking a Hoyo. When I finally got it lit, the draw was next to nothing. Then after about 2 minutes smoking, the damn thing started unravelling and actually falling apart! Being the trooper I am....I kept smoking as long as I could without setting my place on fire! After a while I had to give up. It was the Hoyo vs. Me and the Hoyo won. :angry:

<<<I was looking forward to a Hoyo De Monterey Excalibur after a nice run and dinner. I couldn't get the cigar lit. The dang thing felt like a rock with 0 draw. I tried rolling it in my fingers to loosen it up and it still wouldn't draw at all. I rolled it a little more and the wrapper split rendering it useless. In the trash it went.>>>

Basically, the same thing happened to me last night, except for the running part!! After a long day, I was looking forward to sitting back and smoking a Hoyo. When I finally got it lit, the draw was next to nothing. Then after about 2 minutes smoking, the damn thing started unravelling and actually falling apart! Being the trooper I am....I kept smoking as long as I could without setting my place on fire! After a while I had to give up. It was the Hoyo vs. Me and the Hoyo won. :angry:

I love the HdM excalibur no. 1s (natural), nice smoke, good flavors.

anyways, I find that when I cut too much idiotically, or the cigar starts to unravel, I slobber up the offending strip, then ever so gently slide the band up to the mouthpiece and hopefully the band will keep it from being skinned. If it unravels on the foot end... well then its a lost cause. I wish I knew of a better way to unplug a stick than to poke it through with a needle or ice pick....