• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's a BOY.....so, what cigars do I buy?

vange

My wife and I found out last Friday we are having a boy around July 4th. I want to buy one box of cigars to hand out to my friends upon his birth. Any recommendations for this joyous occasion to satisfy a wide variety of people? If it's from ISOM that works too. Thanks for the help.

My wife and I found out last Friday we are having a boy around July 4th. I want to buy one box of cigars to hand out to my friends upon his birth. Any recommendations for this joyous occasion to satisfy a wide variety of people? If it's from ISOM that works too. Thanks for the help.

Romeo y Julietas "It's a Boy" :laugh:

I'd go with a box of Padron 1926's if it were me...congrats!

If you are budget conscious, I would go with the any of the Cusano bundles (less than $50 for 20 sticks).

I always recommend the Ashton Heritage Puro Sol since they are mild enough for beginners but tasty enough for experienced smokers. The Por Larranaga Cuban Grades are pretty good as well, but you need to give them a few months of age.

If you have a friends with more discerning tastes, try the Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro. It's one of the most interesting sticks I've ever smoked.

But if it were me, right now I would go with the My Father lanceros. I had one of these last night and it was mighty tasty. They are more pricey, but worth it.

Most important though is a hearty congrats.

I suggest a box of something nice, like others have mentioned, but also, a box of Fuente "It's a Boy" cigars for those that don't really smoke. Besides, do you really want to give out good cigars to people that will light it up, smoke an inch, and put it out? Congrats to you and your wife!

I suggest a box of something nice, like others have mentioned, but also, a box of Fuente "It's a Boy" cigars for those that don't really smoke. Besides, do you really want to give out good cigars to people that will light it up, smoke an inch, and put it out? Congrats to you and your wife!

What he said! Also if you can I always suggest getting a box with a boxcode from the kid's birth month to hold onto. Sort of fun having cigars the same age as your kid.

Wow, ALL great ideas and thank you for the kind sentiments.

Definitely going to get a box of the Fuente's Its a Boy. Perfect for the people that dont really smoke.
For the 2nd box for the serious cigar smokers I am willing to spend $250 for a box. That may help in the recommendations.

The Perdomo is the frontrunner over the My Father as of now, but that can change!

As far as getting some vintage cigars from this year, I was planning on doing a similar thing with a case of wine. A case of something 2009 I thought would be very cool. I'll add a box of cigars to that as well! Awesome idea!

Depends on who all you are handing them out to. 60% of the people I would have given out cigars to when my girls were born might be lucky to finish half of it, ya know?

I went with a nice box of Padron 3000 maduros.

I like the "My Father" smokes only for the simple reason that you are giving them away for your son's birth and the name of the stick is "My Father" like these are from My Father on the day of my birth

cheesy i know but hey i like the gimic

Fuente actually makes two different "It's a girl/boy" cigars. The cheaper line is the AF Brevas, and they go for around $50/box. The also use the 8-5-8 to do It's a boy cigars with.

Edit to add:

The 858s are available through Tampa Sweethearts.

Congrats and best wishes. If you have the cash flow there are sites that do custom bands, so if there's a box you prefer, you can look to have a band added saying what you'd like.

Congrats! My first was born a week and a half ago.

Most my friends wouldn't know a good cigar if it fell in their lap. So I smoked a Perdomo Edicion de Silvio and handed out 5 Vegas Series A's. Their one of my favorite everyday smokes and they won't break the bank.

Congrats! My wife and I just found out that we are having another girl and she is due July 4th also. For my first daughter I bought some It's a Girl from CI made by Cusano which were just ok...I think I will get some Fuentes this time. I did pick up a box of Bolivar Belicoso Finos from SEP 07, her birth month and year, and smoked one on her first birthday and plan to do so until they are gone. I will do it again with this girl but probably a different smoke though, maybe Monte #2's or some Cohibas, depends on what I can find.

Congrats!! A baby to be born on the Fourth of July...CAO America...of course.

A little bit of advice. His first poo...it's supposed to look like that!

Cheers,

Tony

Romeo y Julietas "It's a Boy" :laugh:

I'd go with a box of Padron 1926's if it were me...congrats!

Congrats! I went with a box of Padron 1926 Serie Belicoso #2 Maduros for my friends who do smoke and Macanudos for my friends who don't. A mix like that works very well, and you should have enough of the good smokes left over to hold on to for birthdays.

UPDATE: It's STILL a boy and hes on track for July 4th.
I decided on the MY Fathers. I smoked one recently and really enjoyed it and decided that will be the cigar for my son's birth. It seems apropos. I will also buy some Fuente's It's a Boy for the non-cigar smokers. Thanks all for the help here.

Hate to hijack this thread but I didn't want to start a brand new topic that's been covered before. Here goes:

Wife would like for the cigars and box to say It's a Boy - have it narrowed down to 858 It's a Boy and Cusano Corojo It's a Boy, preferring the Fuentes.

Anyone know of any others? Padron 3000 It's a Boys???!!! Monte No. 2 It's a Boys :laugh:

BTW - Baby's due April 28 - Firstborn....It's a Boy!!!

UPDATE: It's STILL a boy and hes on track for July 4th.
I decided on the MY Fathers. I smoked one recently and really enjoyed it and decided that will be the cigar for my son's birth. It seems apropos. I will also buy some Fuente's It's a Boy for the non-cigar smokers. Thanks all for the help here.

Damn good thinking.

Doc.