• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's a BOY.....so, what cigars do I buy?

I wonder what happens if you get a cigar laser engraved. Weren't the first Oliva Master Blends done that way?

I need to take some sticks over to my friends that do laser engraving. That might be cool.

I was going to suggest CAO Americas given the date, but you definately can't go wrong with the My Fathers. If you budget permits I would suggest getting a box of cubans you like and will age well. You can smoke one on his birthday each year. I wish I had the foresight to do that when our kids were born. Congratulations.

Wow, ALL great ideas and thank you for the kind sentiments.

Definitely going to get a box of the Fuente's Its a Boy. Perfect for the people that dont really smoke.
For the 2nd box for the serious cigar smokers I am willing to spend $250 for a box. That may help in the recommendations.

The Perdomo is the frontrunner over the My Father as of now, but that can change!

As far as getting some vintage cigars from this year, I was planning on doing a similar thing with a case of wine. A case of something 2009 I thought would be very cool. I'll add a box of cigars to that as well! Awesome idea!

The "It's a Boy" cigars aren't a bad idea as handouts. For a serious box (assuming that they will be aging as you will be smoking one each year on your son's birthday) I personally would recommend an ISOM. IMHO, they tend to age better. I went with a 50-ct Cab of Partagas Lusitanias when my daughter was born. Unfortunately, I was not so heavily into this cigar hobby of ours when my son was born, so now I have been searching for a cab from 2002. If your budget is $250, there are plenty of quality 25-ct boxes of ISOMs available.

As far a putting down a case of wine, you should be cautious as not all wines age well. That is true for cabernet sauvignon as well. I think a better option than red wine, unless you are talking some of the better growths, would be sauternes, vintage champagne or vintage port (if a 2010 vintage gets released, or vintage scotch. Great sauternes can be had that age for decades with prices much lower than Yquem, but you have to store it properly. Scotch or spirits in general can be good as storage conditions are not as critical.