• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's 'Batten down the hatches' time

I can see emodx out in his boat picking up the stupid who were out or tried to out run the storm(s).

AVB said:
I can see emodx out in his boat picking up the stupid who were out or tried to out run the storm(s).
LOL-It's amazing the lengths that we will go to in combating the "survival of the fittest" instinct.

Have no worry about Cuba, Fidel is on the scene! Did you guys know that he turned 78 and that his birthday is August 13th?? Watch him live to the ripe old age of 96. -Fidel visits weather station

Good news for us folks northwest of Tampa Bay.

Charley took a slighty eastern turn and looks like it will be making landfall around Ft. Meyers.

Which is bad news for those in Ft. Meyers.

geldor1 said:
Good news for us folks northwest of Tampa Bay.

Charley took a slighty eastern turn and looks like it will be making landfall around Ft. Meyers.

Which is bad news for those in Ft. Meyers.
In looking at the doppler image on the drudge site, it looks as if those of you around Tampa are very lucky. The southern tip and Ft. Myers though-we'll keep our fingers crossed. ??? Winds in excess of 145 mph from what I've read on the net-good lord!

Just got back home. Went over to a friends house for an after hurricane party.

All we got here was about 20 min. of hard rain and very little wind. Man are we lucky.

The friends, whose house we were at, have a son in Orlando. He called and they were getting hit a lot harder than we did.

Hey Bill - Wam79, have you heard from your mother? Hope she faired well.

It looks like Charley made land fall at Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte area. From the early am tv shots it looks like Hurricaine Andrew. Some foolish people decided to ride out the storm in their trailer park homes. For those not familiar with the area, the Peace River empties into Port Charlotte Bay. The storm with its 13' storm surge followed the path of the river to Arcadia. I've canoed this river several times. 13' storm surge will make a lot of people homeless in that area. Terrible. Lots of mobile homes in the area.

My son is a volunteer fireman in Plantation FL (suburb of Ft. Lauderdale). He is a Paramedic/EMT as well. Last night he left in a convoy of emergency vehicles to lend assistance. Help is coming from those areas that missed the storm.

geldor1 said:
Just got back home. Went over to a friends house for an after hurricane party.

All we got here was about 20 min. of hard rain and very little wind. Man are we lucky.

The friends, whose house we were at, have a son in Orlando. He called and they were getting hit a lot harder than we did.

Hey Bill - Wam79, have you heard from your mother? Hope she faired well.
Moms in Mass. staying with my sister so shes ok. :thumbs: :)
Still no report on how her house is. Looks like the storm did some big time damage in that part of Florida .
Sure am glad it turned and didn't get into Tampa/St pete to hard

Bill

Good to hear that you're doing well geldor1, drudge is reporting loss of life and considerable damage. Just have to thank the good lord for one's another's fortune. :)

It's hitting SD_Stack & dixie right now.

It'll be here in Connecticut just in time to wash out the car show I WAS going to go to tomorrow but not now :0

Well, we just got our power back on since 10:00 Pm last night. Charley went right over us with winds around 100 mph and rain came in buckets. We are just northeast of Orlando and as it was getting close, we lost power and a bunch of trees as well..... :D

We're doin' fine and that it's over. :D :thumbs: :p

Thanks brother. I hope all is well Wednesday when I have to fly up to Philly. I'm going to visit Ole' Delarob for a couple of days then I'm going up to NY and see some more friends up there. :D

Charlie, could you try calling my mom for me. Tracy can't get through to Orlando from KW. I sent a couple of PM's atchabut don't know if they went through because of my lousy internet connection. LMK

Emo

Hope all you guys down there in the way of Charlie are okay. Stogie glad to hear you and the wife are alright.

BenjieV :D

Emo, I called your mom's house but all the phone did was ring & ring. I'll try and call her in a little bit for yeah..... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: