• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's that time of year again! CA's top cigars of the year

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
I know that most seasoned cigar smokers don't read too much into CA's top 10 list, but as a former cigar retailer, I can tell you that this list SELLS cigars. So I figured I'd list what I believe are the top 10 cigars of the year. If I've left any out that some of you think should be included, please post them. Curious to know what others think. I'll be listing NCs, since I haven't smoked many CCs this year...and none have been new releases for 2012. Feel free to chime in!

(in no particular order)

La Palina Kill Bill 2
Ortega Series D Maduro
Casa Magna Domus Magnus
Quesada Jalapa
Padron 1964 No.4
Quesada Q D'Etat Daga
Joya de Nicaragua's Cuenca y Blanco
Fuente Magnum Rosado 44
La Dueña by My Father Cigars
Oliva V Melanio

That's my top 10 list. If you haven't tried any of these, I recommend picking some of these up to try them for yourself. You'll notice that I've listed 3 cigars by the Quesada Family. These guys have impressed me more than ANY other manufacturer in the last year or 2. Almost all of their releases have been limited and I believe they've been hitting each release out of the park.

I've had the Casa Magna, the Padron and the Fuente. All IMO good cigars.

Nice post brother. You know my favorite is the Ortega serie D Maduro.
Next would be Padron.
As far as The others I would say the Daga, is next, actually any one if those three, the Howitzer or Molotov.

Ian

Next would be Padron.
As far as The others I would say the Daga, is next, actually any one if those three, the Howitzer or Molotov.

Ian

I'm looking forward to trying ORtega's Wild Bunch series. Been hearing great things about them.

Next would be Padron.

Ian

I'm looking forward to trying ORtega's Wild Bunch series. Been hearing great things about them.

Me too. Also, I've been smoking the surrogates and Viaje a lot.

Certainly does, Isy! Much like the reviews... ;)

I haven't had any of these yet, but I do have several resting in the humi. Can't wait to try them.

Next would be Padron.

Ian

On a side note, Isy, I tried talking Eddie into naming one after me and he said he already had an idea for the fat one, oh well,:(

I absolutely agree with you about the Quesada sticks, Isy. They consistently make great smokes.
I still have to try the La Palina Kill Bill II and the Oliva V Melanio.

I absolutely love the la Dueña smokes but can't see them making #1 but should be top ten for sure in regards to consistency. I also agree on the quesada. Had never had one till this year and find them to be one of my new favs that I don't get to smoke to often.

Edit to add , currently smoking last years number one and am really enjoying it, but having to relight too much. I look forward to trying the top ten every year, but it doesn't always hold a lot of weight as I like what I smoke and the list won't change that, but to maybe add some variety.

I've only tried about half of your list there. Got some work to do! I think JD's Feral Flying Pig was my numero uno this year.

Thats a respectable list, haven't tried all of them. I have also been enjoying PDR, the 1878 and Small Bach Reserve.

I'm stoked I have some Cuenca y Blanco, DAGA, and KBII in my humi. They've been raising my eyebrows from the first time I've smoked them.

I would put in the Flor de las Antillas by My Father and the Illusione Ultra OP as some contenders for that list.

I'm stoked I have some Cuenca y Blanco, DAGA, and KBII in my humi. They've been raising my eyebrows from the first time I've smoked them.

I would put in the Flor de las Antillas by My Father and the Illusione Ultra OP as some contenders for that list.

Thanks for mentioning Illusione, brother. That Ultra is top notch as are some of Dion's other sticks.

I've only tried about half of your list there. Got some work to do! I think JD's Feral Flying Pig was my numero uno this year.

If the cigar were actually obtainable, I would have included it on my list. They made 2-3,000 boxes of 15, just like the original Pigs, and no one could ever get them. This follows the regular Liga lines being unavailable for the better part of a year. I've moved on from DE's Liga's and with the price as compared to other outstanding releases this year, I find them to be overpriced these days. For the price of the new Liga papas fritas (a short filler cigar for almost $7), I'd MUCH rather smoke the original Kill Bill.