• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ivan's Back

texasaggie

Need a drink...
How about that, the damn storm didn't do enough the first time so it is back out over the Gulf and headed this way, should be here this afternoon/evening.

That really stinks! Good luck and be safe! ;)

Could somebody explain how the hell this happened? Or have an elapsed photo or video or something? I'd like to know

Here's a really neat tool by the Harris County Flood District.

Hurricane Tracker

Click on the small map thing on the right side of the page, it will open a small window. Use the drop down menu to click on Ivan, and wait patiently, it takes a second. Ivan went up Alabama and took a northeasterly turn, wound up back in the Atlantic, came back south over Florida and has strengthened back to Tropical Storm force, and headed this way. Party time.

It is bizarre to say the least. I've never remembered a hurricane that hit land and pulled a u-turn back to water to become a storm again. The southeast is going to be taking it from both sides with jeanne coming from the east, ivan back on the south west side, and there's Tropical Storm Lisa somewhere behind that mess.

I just moved to Atlanta from Rochester, NY and I'll be the first to admit, when I was scoping this area out. No one mentioned this! This clearly wasn't part of the demo. Although I'll take this over the average 110" of snow during the 6 month winter season.

Good luck to anyone in Texas, Florida and Lousiana.

Yeah, it doesn't happen too often, TS Allison a few years ago happened to sit off the coast of Galveston/Houston for a couple days, then came in and parked right on top of Houston, went back out, then hit us again, dropping almost 40 inches of rain in a 24 hour period in a lot of places.

Great link Texasaggie! :thumbs: Did a front on the eastern US push Ivan back into the Gulf?