• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

January Tornadoes?

Acclaym

Moderation in moderation
I just saw the news that heavy winds and tornadoes hit Alabama and surrounding states. Unusually powerful weather for January. I was wondering if any of our S/BOTL were affected...

We had some strong weather here but nothing too bad. Tornado watches. It's pretty normal... you can tell whenever it's going to happen because it's very mild outside (60s) and then the wind starts to pick up.

It's been pretty mild in general though. My daffodils are already blooming.

Well, I remember when I lived in Arkansas, that the LOST seasons would start in late January, and it seemed that every week half the screen was blocked out by severe weather maps. I don't think it's that uncommon. Still glad I don't live there anymore. I hate tornadoes. Good luck and best wishes to all who were affected in the region.

Traded tornadoes for traffic cameras. Equally dangerous...

My wife won't even watch Wizzard of Oz because of fear of tornados. Why we stay in Indiana is beyond me. I feel for those affected last weekend. Scary stuff.

All,
I live in Trussville, AL approx. 6-7 miles from the bulk of the devastation in the communities of Clay and Center Point. It is nowhere near as wide spread as it was in April of last year but I can assure you that the localized damage is just as severe. We were once again very blessed to have been on the other side of town from the path of the storms! Pray for those affected as there have been at least two fatalities, many businesses, and several hundred homes completely destroyed.

Most definitely BGlover, good to hear you are well.
Im not sure where Melly lives but she comes to mind. I hope everything missed her as well.

I'm pretty sure Melly lives just south of Birmingham and there were no storms down that way.