• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JD Single Barrel

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Has anyone ever tried Jack Daniels Single Barrel? (I'm looking at you AVB ;))

I never heard of it until recently. I'm intrigued. I'm a JD fan. I wonder if you can really taste a difference from barrel to barrel. At the very least its cask strength (96 v the regular 80) so I imagine it tastes different.

The JD single barrel is awesome sh*t. You can definitely taste the different from the lucky no. 7. I suggest you give it a try. It's my favorite whisky.

Where did you get it?

I'm guessing you didn't buy a barrel, although that would be AWESOME. :)

other1 said:
Where did you get it?

I'm guessing you didn't buy a barrel, although that would be AWESOME. :)
Single Barrel cna be found at most liquor stores for around $40

JD Single barrel is $39 here in PA, it is better then the standard black but it is still basicly JD under the higher (94) proof. I don't have any at the moment as I've been buying some other small batch bourbons. For that price I'd rather have a Sazarac Rye, George T. Stagg, Elijah Craig 18 or a W.L. Weller 19. Don't even look for the Weller anymore as it is gone and they aren't making anymore. I got that straight from Buffalo Trace. I just did a review of the Elijah Craig 18 if you want to read my opinion.

Single Barrel is a great drink. I have had quite a few different drinks, but if you enjoy the Tennessee Sour Mash, Single Barrel is the best. Drink up! :D :D

Well, I tried it tonight. I didn't have a good taste of it though because I had a Jack and Coke with it. Blasphemy I'm sure..

Well, I was waiting for a date at a restaurant, and I was sitting at the bar waiting.. Low and behold, what do I see behind the bar, a bottle of JD Single Barrel. I had to try it, but it wouldn't look real good if my date showed up and there I am downing straight bourbon, so I got the mixed drink.

It did taste nice. I'll definitely try it straight another time.

Picked up some from the LQ tonight for $32.00 Havent tried it yet..