• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jerks with road rage

Pittsey

So today mother and I were leaving a restaurant, turn right onto the road and a guy next to us decided to make his own turning lane and cut us off. Which subsequently forced my mom to gun it and swerve away from him. so we both turn onto the same road and at the next light the guy GUNS IT (he is in the right lane now, we are in the left) and pulls in front of us and slams on the brakes. We were both going 50, luckily (for him: Deville vs a Compact?) she managed to safely slow down within the ~40 foot margin. He then guns it, flips us a goodbye and is off on his happy way.

Me being in an accident already and having my back permanently ruined due to it, it just pisses me off that jerks like this are so disrespectful and willing to harm someone for some childish reason. Who knows how worse my back could have gotten say we actually DID hit him. Its also sad that this isn't the first time, about a year or so ago some lady cut me off then proceeded to stop and then put her car in REVERSE trying to hit me on a 50 Mph road. The nerve of some people.

I called the cops, reported his tags and that he was driving recklessly, etc. Of course there's nothing they can(or will) do.

But really, what can you do in a situation like that? I'm sure some of you have been in the same place.

Awhile back, I was on my way to SA to herf with my best friend. Out in the middle of nowhere, a kid in a sports car was coming on to the freeway from an onramp. I slowed a bit to let him in . . . but then HE slowed! Who doesn't know to merge with their gas pedal, NOT their brake? There was nothing I could do but tromp it again and get ahead of him, short of coming to a complete stop on the freeway!

So he slams on HIS brakes and swerves to a stop on the onramp.

Then, once he's on the freeway, he floors it to get in the left lane, pulls up alongside me, leans over and flips me off. Well, in Texas we have this little law: if you're travelling, you don't need a CHL to have a gun in the vehicle. And I always travel with a loaded .357 on the passenger seat. So I pick it up, and calmly set it on the dashboard in plain sight.

Punk figured out where his gas pedal was and how to use it THEN. :laugh:

~Boar

I will admit to having an abundance of rage when it comes to driving, but I won't resort to anything that actually puts anyone in harm's way. That's just foolish and reckless.

Plenty of drivers seem to not know anything when it comes to traffic laws though. That's what pisses me off the most.

We were driving in heavy traffic and merged in front of an 18-wheeler who was stopped. He proceeded to rear end us intentionally and when I pulled over and got out he tried to run me me over. I jumped back in the SUV and had Theresa call 911 as I tried to catch up to him. With the police on the phone I gave them the trailer numbers and the trailers plate numbers.....they explained that they needed the tractor plate number and when I got beside the guy, to get it, he tried to run us off the road (still in heavy traffic).....we were very lucky to be able to escape further damage to the Murano.

With all tractor and trailer numbers, a detailed description of the tractor and trailer and the contact info on the door of the tractor.......I'll give you three guess what the police did? Not a GD thing! I met a cop and gave him a report, they said they sent him a letter and it was now up to him. I asked what could be done from a criminal standpoint and the desk Sargent said "you could file a criminal report which would hit the trash can before you left the building"

This is one area about the police that really pisses me off......if they were a little more concerned about real problems on the road rather than catching us dangerous criminals who drive 70 MPH they would do us all a lot more good!

I was thinking for most of the video, "This isn't very funny, I don't get it."

Then I got to the last minute or so...

Good one.

-Mark

.....And I always travel with a loaded .357 on the passenger seat. So I pick it up, and calmly set it on the dashboard in plain sight.
I don't disagree with you on principle, but here's how the other drivers call to 911 goes;

"...some crazy bastard is waving a gun around...!!..." You get the full felony stop treatment, and maybe arrested for menacing.

I used to get in the face of road ragers, but anymore I just back off and let 'em roll. I figure they'll get theirs, someday, and it won't be me explaining things to the authorities.

I always carry when I'm on the road, but one rule of carry I've always followed is to leave the gun out of sight until it's time to use it. Make no mistake, however; if push comes to shove all bets are off.

Let's be careful out there - B.B.S.

We were driving in heavy traffic and merged in front of an 18-wheeler who was stopped. He proceeded to rear end us intentionally and when I pulled over and got out he tried to run me me over. I jumped back in the SUV and had Theresa call 911 as I tried to catch up to him. With the police on the phone I gave them the trailer numbers and the trailers plate numbers.....they explained that they needed the tractor plate number and when I got beside the guy to get it he tried to run us off the road (still in heavy traffic).....we bwere very lucky to be able to escape further damage to the Murano.

With all tractor and trailer numbers, a detailed description of the tractor and trailer and the contact info on the door of the tractor.......I'll give you three guess what the police did? Not a GD thing! I met a cop and gave him a report, they said they sent him a letter and it was now up to him. I asked what could be done from a criminal standpoint and the desk Sargent said "you could file a criminal report which would hit the trash can before you left the building"

This is one area about the police that really pisses me off......if they were a little more concerned about real problems on the road rather than catching us dangerous criminals who drive 70 MPH they would do us all a lot more good!

Oh wow, that really pisses me off.

I hate how cops around here try so hard to lock up our brothers and sisters of that other leaf (you know what I'm talking about :rolleyes: ) when I hear left and right about incidents like these going unresolved.

It's a big thing, especially in college towns.

.....And I always travel with a loaded .357 on the passenger seat. So I pick it up, and calmly set it on the dashboard in plain sight.
I don't disagree with you on principle, but here's how the other drivers call to 911 goes;

"...some crazy bastard is waving a gun around...!!..." You get the full felony stop treatment, and maybe arrested for menacing.

I don't disagree with you on principle, either . . . but this is the difference between Texas and Washington! :laugh:

Here, it takes a bit more than the mere sight of a handgun to freak people out. I was merely reminding him, politely, that there are solid reasons for not driving like an asshat in Texas. :cool:

Didn't point it at him or anything, btw. Just moved it to within easier reach in case he took it any further, in such a way as to let him see I was doing it. Same rationale as being obvious about putting your hand on your carry piece if a situation looks like it has the potential to become dodgy---most of the time, that's the only response needed to get the message across that you are emphatically NOT a victim.

~Boar

I used to get in the face of road ragers, but anymore I just back off and let 'em roll. I figure they'll get theirs, someday, and it won't be me explaining things to the authorities.

I always carry when I'm on the road, but one rule of carry I've always followed is to leave the gun out of sight until it's time to use it. Make no mistake, however; if push comes to shove all bets are off.

Let's be careful out there - B.B.S.
I couldn't agree more.

Tooooo many stories to mention. The funny thing is that when they follow me and then get a look at me, they always run away. IMHO- they are cowards at heart. Slap a few thousand pounds of armor around 'em and all of a sudden their balls grow 10 sizes. LOL!