• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jet crashes into Buffalo, NY Home

Holy Crap, I just got a CNN Breaking news text on this I can't believe it.

Wow, just wow. Despite the fact that flying a plane is statistically safer than driving a car, the thought of being in a plane crash is many times more horrifying to me. My thoughts are with the families of the passengers and crew, as well as the one on the ground. What a tragedy.

oh wow, not good at all. I am flying today at 3:50 PM :( Prayers send to the people and their family on that plane.

I've been watching this all morning. It's sounding more and more like ice build-up and the plane stalling. :(

Thoughts and prayers out to the crew, people on board and the family on the ground.

The amazing fact is that the plane only took out one house. Though this doesn't alleviate the sadness of the families who are awaiting the word of the log of passengers on the plane. I'm from this area (drive through Clarence very frequently) and its a little hamlet East of Buffalo. The majority of the people on this plane are from the Buffalo and surrounding areas. This is going to get worse before it gets better as there is ALWAYS 6 degrees of separation with in this area.

Prayers to the families and the victims.

I've been watching this all morning. It's sounding more and more like ice build-up and the plane stalling. :(

Thoughts and prayers out to the crew, people on board and the family on the ground.

It's sounding like that right now, but it's impossible to speculate at this point. The conditions sound likely for that, however the Dash 8 has anti-icing and de-icing capablities. Bystander interviews also seem to support that, but I don't usually trust testimony from people who aren't involved in aviation. We'll see what the NTSB says after the investigation.

Condolences to all those effected by this tragedy.