• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jet Man Flies Over Swiss Alps

I saw this on the news the other day.
Damn that looks cool.

Man, you got have big balls to jump out of a plane with wings and 4 turbine engines strapped to your back.

Way cool...

I wouldn't mind trying this. I'm afraid though I'd probably chicken out as soon as the door on plane opens for the jump.

That is some awesome chit! He should strap the jets to his legs and hands and pretend to be Ironman! :laugh: Hmmm....

That was insanely cool!

I really enjoyed this video as well, in the same vain. These guys are nuts.

LINK

With nearly 1000 jumps myself this really looks like what every skydiver dreams of, real flight!
WOW! I'd do it in a minute!

Looks like engines from the high end R/C Jet hobby similar to these Linky

That definately ranks high on the "Balls O' Steel" guage!

I was watching a show on the Discovery Channel about the guy and the invention. They are model Airplane engines, not sure which ones. But it stated that when he ignites the engines, he can hit 186mph!!!
Pretty wild.

Dave

He definitely can climb, which is just awesome. Next goal for him is vertical flight, which is just insane to think about with small turbines and a human.

I found the engines on JetCat website, and the JetCat logo was on his contraption :whistling:
The most powerful model (that I could find) produces 34 lbs of thrust.

I think he should wear roller-skates.. for the landings!