• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jim Rice makes the Hall

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Thank god. It's about fuggin' time. If you saw him play...

Doc.

Last ballot too and he barely cleared, but he was a helluva outfielder. I guess Tommy John will be forever known by his shoulder surgery since he didn't make it on his last ballot.

I concur. About time, even though he wouldn't give me an autograph the last time I saw him, but the Rem Dawg did.

It's about time. As a red sox fan, Jim Rice was the Boston Red Sox. He was denyed for too long and now thankfully is a member of the hall of fame. He's an inspiration to all clean athletes everywhere. 2013 sure will be interesting with all the roid freaks on the ballot then.

I'm really happy for him. He was coming into the twilight of his career when I started to be cognitively aware of baseball, but what I knew of him, hew as a great player!

I'm not a Sawks fan, but he deserved to be in the HOF!

Thank god. It's about fuggin' time. If you saw him play...

Doc.
I saw him play a lot, in Fenway...could have been the best in the American league for most of his career.

But he's still a marginal Hall of Famer, must be a slow year....

.298 lifetime BA, .263 in the playoffs....383 HR in 16 seasons (and was a power hitter), didn't collect 3,000 hits (under 2,500), low on-base percentage, didn't run much, rarely drew walks when needed, crappy defender...and a dick on and off the field, especially to the press.

I don't think God had anything to do with it...because he's always been a Yankee fan!

GO YANKEES!

Just practicing... :laugh:

I think Rice deserved it as well. Ricky Henderson was an obvious choice, too. I was never a Ricky fan but the guy has got to be the best lead-off hitter in the history of the game. Speed, power, decent left fielder and a great eye. If I had to construct an all-time team, I would definitely put Ricky at the top of the order. Plus his John Olerud story is one of the funniest I've ever heard.

I agree with Moe...Ricky was one hell of a runner. I got to see him play in Anaheim in 92 or 93 and that boy was fast...half way to 2nd before the pitcher delivered the pitch no wonder he had so many stolen bases. Just explosive player. just my $0.02