• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joe Gibbs returns as head coach of the Redskins!

For $5 mil a year I might give it a try too. Thinks have changed in 12 years though. There weren't those free agent clauses when he coached last time.

Well let's see... 4 Superbowls. 3 Superbowl wins. 3 different quarterbacks 2 of which were marginal at best... ayuh, you're right, he's got no chance.

NA

This is the best news I've heard in a long while! :D

Well winning 2 Winston Cup championships in 4 years ain't exactly shabby either...and he's not Like Jack Rousch with 4 cars. He's just got 2.

I'm still trying to process this....true the free agent thing is gonn amake it harder to build a dynasty like he had before...but I guarantee you the players will arrive at meetings on time and their cel phones ain't gonna ring but once!

I think I died and went to Heaven! I LOVE Joe Gibbs! :love:

Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory!

You know, if the NFL scheduled an early season Monday night game between the Skins and Dallas, Gibbs vs. Parcells, it would probably be the highest rated Monday Night Football game in history!

BACCHUS said:
Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath will fight for old DC!

When I was in second grade the music teacher let us learn how to play that song on the recorder! One of my best childhood memories!

BACCHUS said:
You know, if the NFL scheduled an early season Monday night game between the Skins and Dallas, Gibbs vs. Parcells, it would probably be the highest rated Monday Night Football game in history!
The First Monday Night Game of 2004 is in FACT Dallas vs Washington. :D

Gibbs is a great pro coach... I emphasize pro because Spurrier is a college coach.

It'll be a great Monday night game. Parcells took the same talent on a 5-11 team to 10-6 and the playoffs. Gibbs will get the exact same opportunity. It just make the NFC East watchable again. :)

TheBeast said:
BACCHUS said:
The First Monday Night Game of 2004 is in FACT Dallas vs Washington. :D
Oh God! The game won't be played for 8 months and I already have butterflies in my stomach! What a match up. There will be blood on the turf (and maybe some body parts) when that game is over!

Can't we just skip these silly basketball and baseball seasons and start back with football as soon as the superbowl is played! :D

BACCHUS said:
Can't we just skip these silly basketball and baseball seasons and start back with football as soon as the superbowl is played! :D
I totally agree.

I think Gibbs will do very well. Besides, he won't have to deal with the Salary Cap and free agency, that's what GMs are for. He has to deal with football and I don't think anyone will doubt him on that.

Now if only the Dolphins could convince Shula,LOL.
Hey Jack McKeon did it!

ricmac25 said:
Now if only the Dolphins could convince Shula,LOL.
Hey Jack McKeon did it!
Yeah...and the Raiders are bringing back Madden, Walsh is returning to the 49ers, and Chuck Nolls will be taking the Steelers back to 4 more Super Bowls.LMAO!!! :p

Well all I say on this is: I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan :D

So I think Bill Parcells will wipe the turf with the 'skins. 'nuff said from me :)

Not even Gibbs could improve the skins. They are an eternal lost cause. What a bunch wusses fro changing there helmets to begin with !! ;)

Somewhere in heaven my grandmother is going nuts with this news. She was the most rabid Redskin fan I ever knew. And she loved Joe Gibbs!