• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnnie Walker Pure Malt (Green Label)

I think that was what I was looking at, I'm not sure why I thought it had all three.

I must admit, I was very disappointed in the prices at this "duty free" shop. Everything was more than what I pay at my local liquor store. Is that usual? They did have a 3 liter bottle of Jack though, which was pretty cool!

I had some more of this last night from what is now called Green Label, same stuff, different name. It just keeps getting better, I'm really taken with this.

I had some more of this last night from what is now called Green Label, same stuff, different name. It just keeps getting better, I'm really taken with this.

I agree, this one has really grown on me as well. It is far and away a better blend than the Gold Label. Our local store puts it on sale every few months for $39.99 and that's like stealing!

$39.99? That's an outstanding price compared to what I see down here.

$50 on sale up here. Duty free is still $50 but at least it is a full liter instead of a 750ml.

I agree, this one has really grown on me as well. It is far and away a better blend than the Gold Label. Our local store puts it on sale every few months for $39.99 and that's like stealing!

I was just given a bottle of this as a gift yesterday, so of course I opened it immediately and had a nip. The taste profile fits right in with JW Black and Gold; there is no question that this is a JW product. I don't have either of the others on hand to compare it to, but my impression is that it is definitely heavier, more flavorful, more aromatic and smoother than the Black. It's difficult to compare to the Gold without having them both here, because it seems to be pretty similar. It is smokier than I seem to recall the Gold being, and perhaps fuller on the palate as well, but they are both very good. Given the prices of Black, Green and Gold, I suspect that the Green may have just become my price-to-performance leader in the JW line-up.

This is the only vatted malt that I like. I prefer this over all the other JW labels yes including the blue. This spirit has a unique taste going on with it, it is like tasting a little of every part of Scotland. The box only list 4 of the distilleries but they use many other distilleries from across Scotland. I have me a dram of this whenever I feel like taking a mental trip around every part of Scotland. This one takes some getting use to, to appreciate it. If I were a novice I would not spend money on this one, I believe it takes a well developed palette to enjoy this wonderful vatted malt to the max!! :cool:

I've been holding a bottle of Johnnie Green for several months, saving it for an occasion, which happened last weekend.  What a great Scotch!  Now, with it's demise, I need to search out a few more bottles before it is gone.

Well... Its discontinued ... :-(

Ive been on the lookout for some but I arriced late to the liquor store... All gone.

I was able to snatch one bottle. Looking in out of the way and small liquor stores. AVB recommended this to me a few years ago. I love it.

It is indeed one of the few worthy bottle of JW as far as the quality vs price is concerned IMO.

It is a good day in Indiana.  I was able to score 3 bottles of JW Green today.  AND.....the liquor store says the have 28 more bottles in the system.  Tonight is scotch night for sure!  :love:

Lucky you ! Out of curuosity how much they ask for each ?

I have been on the lookout for Green Label as well but have not had any luck anywhere :(

Oh the prices rose quite a bit ! For the first time in my life they would have been cheaper here ! (used to be sold at 60)

Saw it in Mesa Az area at Total Wine or Bevmo, and City Liquor (?) for under 60.00. This was last week. Already had my quota filled. : (

JW Gold is being discontinued as well.  To be replaced by JW Platinum.

Green will still be available in asia if I am not mistaken.  

They may have somemleft over stock but it out of the regular line ... :-(

JW, aside the red and double black, are unfortunately starting to be more and more a 'tourist trap' brand. It sad but at least there is many better options out there than the the new line and their prices. Like Im suppose to pay 150 for a platinum when a gold is 80... I know I look dumb but COME ON DIAGEO!