• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O BHK 54

Jimmy_Jack

So I bought a sampler of Johnny-O customs a while back. I enjoyed them quite a bit. The price is good and they're well made.

In particular I like his 1966, Corona Extra, and BHK 52/54/56. I've ordered several more times since that first order. I'm enjoying them fresh and have put some away to age. If they last I'll be surprised.

I'm going to review a Behique 54(his spelling) today. I received these last week and dry boxes 24hrs.

Construction is great. Wrapper is light in color and delicate. A nice cap and the foot is packed. Honestly, this thing was packed full and I was concerned about the draw.

I punched it and to my pleasure a great draw. I toasted the foot and let it stew in its own embers for a few. I've been doing this more frequently and in my own mind, it makes for a more even burn...who knows.

1/3 starts mellow. No pepper hit which I'm happy to find. I'm not a fan of the pepper bombs. Smooth and rich smoke. Flavor wise toasted tobacco, light hay and that musk mushroom flavor. Very enjoyable. Burn is even.

2/3. Still a great even burn and a solid ash. Flavor has progressed. A little fuller bodied and keeping the same hay/mushroom flavors. Creamy smoke. On the finish I would say Montecristo'esque. Not an exact match but hints.

Final 3rd remains the same with an uptick in body. The burn has gotten a little off. Nothing bad. Should have dry boxes for 2 days instead of one. A bit more pepper added to the mix. A clean finish and still a lot of smoke. I'm guessing but I don't think there is a lot of ligero in this blend, and I'm just fine with that.

A very enjoyable cigar. I don't really do number ratings. I've already ordered more. If you have an opportunity to smoke one I would suggest trying it out.

Attachments

• IMG_5237.JPG
    IMG_5237.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 62
  • B598660C-ECD9-46D9-B5F5-8F11D66D975B.jpg
    B598660C-ECD9-46D9-B5F5-8F11D66D975B.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 59
I just ordered and received a nice selection from Johnny. I tried one so far and was very pleased. He provided great service and communication. I would definitely recommend his sticks to anyone who is on the fence.

I need to order a bundle of some stuff from Johnny and let it sit a few years. Keep meaning to do that. Nice review.