• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O! Pigtail Lonsdale

Mark Twain

Call me Ishmael.
I ordered some pipe tobacco from John and he included some really nice extras. This pigtail Lonnie was dark and oily. I didn’t expect too much of a difference in flavor from the regular Lonsdale, but I did think it was more complex and smoked much better young than the previous version.

010.jpg

I decided to go fishing along the banks of the Blanco River just outside of town. I didn’t catch anything, but enjoyed the day.

011.jpg

Construction on John’s cigars is always top notch. The wrapper is exceptionally oily and the foot reveals a nice bunch.

013.jpg

This was pretty balanced in terms of flavor and strength. It burned well for the outdoors. It was a pretty windy day and I had to relight the cigar a few times.

016.jpg

It had a pleasant, tangy finish that was fairly earthy with some notes of leather. The smoke was cooling throughout, which is one of the few reasons my palate can take a cigar that has some strength to it. I only paired this with water, but I imagine that a nice bourbon would really bring out the subtle contrasts in the flavors.

015.jpg

John really has a nice line of cigars in an impressive range of vitolas that capture a level of consistency that I believe has been lost in most major brands.

You picked the wrong spot. You need to find the spot where the conservative, scotch sipping fishies hang out.

Nice review! :thumbs:

I've been curious about his cigars and I'll have to try one eventually.

Nice review ..... I recently tried the Lonsdale Shag Foot and was really quite impressed with it.

:cool:

Thanks Mark! Always nice to see you reviewing :thumbs:

I picked up some of his culebras (sp?) bit wet and young but tremendous flavor, I'm just waiting for his next post.

Nice review. I haven't treied that size but I am a big fan of John's cigars. They do come wet, but that's probably because the cigar's age is measured in weeks and not years.

nice review and nice looking water in the pics another one i need to try.Finally we are getting some new stuff.

Nice review and pics mate.

I recommend these cigars. They are fantastic.

OMG I am down to my last one :laugh: