• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo Poderoso

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Another gorgeous morning, got up around 8 a.m., put on some coffee, and headed out the back door with Mandy (JRT) to see how it felt. Was a bit cool first thing, however could tell it was going to warm up nicely fairly soon. I went back in and fixed coffee, had a quick bite to eat, and headed back out to put fire to a JDN Dark Corojo that Israel was so graciously generous to send, as he always is. The torpedo shaped cigar is full of oils that glisten in the morning sunlight with a few prominent veins running throughout. It has a perfect weight in the hand, very little give when squeezed, and after clipping the tapered head I find a perfect draw with a somewhat sweet tobacco taste coming through.

With the foot torched and burning even, I take a few quick puffs and then a long draw that brings a medium spice on the tongue and throat with the smoke a medium strength. Flavors are rich from the get go with a woody sweetness full of cocoa and leather, a nice twang on the palate that is simply delicious. The finish is excellent, lasting long after exhaling the smooth and creamy smoke from the mouth and nose.

There’s a very good burn with medium to light gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off. I’m thoroughly enjoying the richness in the medium strength smoke with excellent spice on the tongue. This is not as strong as most JDN’s I’ve smoked, but just the right amount and pairing perfectly with my coffee.

This cigar performed perfectly through the rest of the smoke with sharp burn, perfect draw, and rich, delicious flavors that hit my palate just right. The strength was spot on as well as the spice with the finish long, lasting on the palate well after exhaling. I believe those that enjoy the JDN line will find this to be one not to miss. Excellent cigar Israel, thank you sir!!

03-20-10JDNDrkCorojo001.jpg

03-20-10JDNDrkCorojo002.jpg

DSC07691.jpg

DSC07683.jpg

DSC07687.jpg

DSC07681.jpg

Thanks for the review. This is one of the few new smokes that I actually want to try.

I hope you weren't rubbing the cigar on that frog. :D

So how many of those frogs did you have to kiss before you found the one that turned into the cute kid?

The cigar tasted of cocoa and leather but did the frog really taste like chicken?

I had one of the smaller PC sizes of this cigar and got none of the flavors you mentioned. Kind of a sweet chemical taste to it - not enjoyable at all. Maybe stick with the larger sizes on these or I just got a dud... dunno. :)

Nice review, though!

-John

I had one of the smaller PC sizes of this cigar and got none of the flavors you mentioned. Kind of a sweet chemical taste to it - not enjoyable at all. Maybe stick with the larger sizes on these or I just got a dud... dunno. :)

Nice review, though!

-John

I have always liked JdN's larger rg smokes a lot more than the smaller versions. Unfortunate, as I love corona and petite corona size, and really wish they could get the profiles closer to the big guys.

I to burned this stick today. Compliments of Dave at the NERF. Have to say I enjoyed this stick and not a real fan of the JdN line...

Oh yeah great review Greg.....as usuall

Brian

I got one of these from Isy in the Robusto size and it was quite good. Couldn't smoke one everyday but it was a tasty cigar.

So how many of those frogs did you have to kiss before you found the one that turned into the cute kid?

Dude, you better clean my keyboard, and get me another can of coke. :laugh:

Very good review Greg, I've been curious about these newer JDN's also. I had to laugh out loud when you mention "medium" in your reviews. That means to me "full" that can send me into a bout of nic sic.
laugh.gif

Your little girl must be pretty used to those frogs, mine would be peeking from the screen door if I found something like that in the yard.