• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joya De Nicaragua...

JackImpact

Really was not expecting to like this one, but wow...I mean soon as I started it I loved it. It was so good. Couldnt explain the taste, but I can tell you it was great! Was a 60 ring gauge I think, big sucker!

180443_304716634966_500609966_1227358_7895642_n.jpg

Was that the Antano Dark Corojo?

Smoked a couple and they were terrific, but strong.

Ken

I didnt really feel like it was strong, but yes it was. I think it was the magnum size.

Largest ring gauge I've had was a 56 and I didn't really enjoy that, just due to the size. Wonder if they make that in smaller sizes?

I've really enjoyed the toro size in JdN's Dark Corojo line. Nice cigar. :thumbs:

Don't really care for ring gauges over 54, though, myself. The big fat sticks that were in vogue a few years back and seem to be coming around again just feel awkward and imho, lose some flavor complexity.

Lately I've really been liking the corona gorda size, 5 1/4 X 46 or so. Loads of flavor in that range. Wish there were more of 'em on the market!

~Boar

Largest ring gauge I've had was a 56 and I didn't really enjoy that, just due to the size. Wonder if they make that in smaller sizes?

JdN makes many vitolas like most manufacturers.

Will

The Dark Corojo and Antano are good smokes. I especially like the Antano line.

Im sorry, Mizicke corrected me. It is an Antano.

http://www.joyadenicaragua.com.ni/antano.html

I had one Dark Corojo gifted to me by Fia, sorry brudda but it wasn't my cup of tea.

I do however, like the Antano line, mostly the Gran Consul, but i do have some lanceros that I hit on regularly.

Ya, it was an Antano, it was awesome! The big fat ring gauge was a bit much, Id get smaller next time.

Just to clear some questions and not to be a molly know it all.

Antano actually refers to both the Dark Corojo and the 1970. The Dark Corojo has it's largest size at a 6x 54 which is the beli. The Antanio 1970 however does have a 6x 60 in both a Gran Perfecto and a "normal" slight tappered end cigar.

10 sizes in the Antano 1970 Line

6 in the Antano Dark Corojo Line

With my deepest respect thank you so much for smoking and supporting these cigars

Antano actually refers to both the Dark Corojo and the 1970. The Dark Corojo has it's largest size at a 6x 54 which is the beli. The Antanio 1970 however does have a 6x 60 in both a Gran Perfecto and a "normal" slight tappered end cigar.

With my deepest respect thank you so much for smoking and supporting these cigars

Thanks Molly. :D

Thanks Molly. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Finally some clarification haha. As I understood it, its an Antano 1970 Magnum. Big fatty. Was really good though, next time I will have a smaller one though as I felt like it was a lot of work haha

One of the strongest cigars I've had was a JdN Antano 1970 Machido. Was a powerhouse in a petit corona but was fantastic. It actually made me a bit dizzy since I smoked it while on a walk with the wife and dog. Would have really liked to find more but I'm not sure if they make them anymore (couldn't find them when I was shopping).

I've only had one, but I didn't care for the Dark Corojo line. Flavors didn't line up for me. I like all of the other JdN stuff, though.

Glad you enjoyed your smoke, Jack. Take care.

-John

My first smoke was a 1970 double robusto... enjoyed it until I was hugging the toilet! Was a nice stick to pop my cherry.