• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Cigar Event, Sat 5/19

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
I got an email a couple weeks ago from them about this, just announcing the date and time. "JR's Belmont Bet your Ash Smokin BBQ" No other info about it.

Anyone else get this email? Anyone else interested in maybe meeting up for this? I am hoping my finals are not that day.

For anyone interested not on the JR email list, I got another update today:

11:30am - 4:00pm
Paddock & Clubhouse Area
An afternoon of Smoking, Eating, Drinking & Gambling...
Is there anything else?

JR's first Smokin' BBQ event held last July 26th at the Meadowlands was wildly successful. It was the first event that followed the NJ Smoke-Free Air Act legislation, and we're happy to say that it did not faze us at all. Furthermore, it will never stop us from offering relaxing, fun cigar events to our loyal customers.

This time, we're taking the event up a notch. This year's Spring Smokin' BBQ will be held at the famous Belmont Park Race Track. Opened in 1905, this race track is the home of thoroughbred racing's third leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes, and offers a beautifully traditional setting for enjoying a combination of life's purest pleasures.
Outdoors at Belmont Park

Imagine enjoying a delicious cigar out in the fresh spring afternoon air with all of the music, food, sights, and sounds of this great pastime - all right in the middle of the Paddock & Clubhouse Area at Belmont Park, where you can watch the race horses being led by the jockeys as they prepare to enter this legendary venue. In the unlikely event of rain, tented areas will be available to guarantee your utmost and driest enjoyment.

It gets even better....all of the following is included in the $150.00 ticket price:

* A Cigar Goody Bag (worth more than the price of admission!)
* All-You-Can-Eat BBQ - Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken, Sausage & Peppers, Salads, Häagen-Dazs & more... (12 noon - 3:30pm)
* Full Service Open Bar (12 noon - 4:00pm)
* Free Racing Program upon entry
* More stuff to be announced...

Representatives of major cigar makers will be on hand to offer information, answer questions, and hopefully, even have a trick or two up their sleeves to entertain you.

Be sure to look for E-mail updates!

Racing Horses
Belmont Park Race Track...And They're Off!

Purchase tickets by calling:

-or-

Purchase in-person at:
JR Cigar - Whippany
301 Route 10 East
Whippany, NJ
973.887.0800 JR Cigar - Paramus
184 Route 17 North
Paramus, NJ
201.261.7988 JR Cigar - New York
562 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY

Reserved seating available for parties of 8 or more.
All tickets for reserved parties must be purchased together.

I knew that date sounded familiar when I got the first email. It sounded familiar because I have a ****ing final that day from 1-4. This sucks...

I knew that date sounded familiar when I got the first email. It sounded familiar because I have a ****ing final that day from 1-4. This sucks...

Well, I managed to get the final changed... so, if anyone else is going, I look forward to meeting you.

I will be there its just a small hop from where I live.......ponies ,food and good cigars sigh;;;;;; :rolleyes: