• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

jr cigar

I've only had good experiance with them. You are asking about the one located in North Carolina, right? I have bought stuff from them both retail and mail order, their prices are average but they have some nice promos and freebies. I don't have any experiance with the JRs in the NY/NJ area, anybody know if they're related to the big JR's?

I've only had experience with the online store. They're pretty awesome. I've only bought a couple of things from them but everything I ordered came in perfect condition sooner than I expected it.

Personally, I give my business to the smaller guys. They seem to appreciate it more.

The Prince said:
Personally, I give my business to the smaller guys. They seem to appreciate it more.
[snapback]241919[/snapback]​

If only the walmarts of the world started selling cigars by the case where they used to sell their guns.

Got any links to the smaller guys sites? I'm always looking around for new places to shop around.

I have been very pleased with my purchases from JR. The JR Ultimates are pretty good smokes IMO.

I have been very pleased with JRCigars...my order arrived very promptly, and was packed very well..as was stated above though in another post, I have been trying to give my business to some of the smaller local shops/businesses as of late...

I used to do quite a bit of business with JR and have always been happy with my purchases. However, I haven't bought anything lately, mainly because there are usually cheaper alternatives.

Krautle87 said:
I don't have any experiance with the JRs in the NY/NJ area, anybody know if they're related to the big JR's?
[snapback]241910[/snapback]​

Yes, Lew Rothman runs them all. He continues to manage the operations after JR was bought out a while back.

I used to do a lot of business with JR, but not so much lately. I never had a bad experience with them, but the "deals" don't seem to be as good now as they were in the old days. I remember that, right after the Cigar Boom ended, Lew still had full control of JR and had all kinds of crazy deals going on (and the catalogs were a lot funnier). These days, he seems to push Altadis product more than anything else, though he did have some low-end Fuente-made smokes (Bauza, Montesino, etc.) in the last catalog.

GuitarGatler: As for smaller online vendors, check out the Deals forum and you'll get an idea of who's who. I'm a newbie here myself, and I still don't have the whole "posting sources" thing down yet, so PM me if you want some more choices.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

I started doing business with JR back around 1985. They were at the time the best place to order non cuban cigars. I rarely buy from them now and when I do it is for my golf course cigars (JR Ult Cetros Double Maduro and El Rey Del Mundo rectangulars in maduro), which are great cheap smokes.

There are now many retailers who carry the better cigars which JR doesn't carry and most are very competitive price wise.

If they have what you want and at a price you want to pay, they are superb for selection, price and delivery. My experience has been good.

Wilkey

I love them.
Nothing but good experiences.
I usually hit their weekly specials, sometimes they are hard to pass up.

Guitar_Gatler said:
The Prince said:
Personally, I give my business to the smaller guys.  They seem to appreciate it more.

If only the walmarts of the world started selling cigars by the case where they used to sell their guns.

Got any links to the smaller guys sites? I'm always looking around for new places to shop around.
[snapback]241921[/snapback]​

one of the guys here runs the humidor at www.cigar-ettecity.com and they have very reasonable prices and over the top customer service. I recommend them highly. I have also bought from JR's online, and have had nothing but good experiences with them. Try cigar-ettecity first. Good selection. :thumbs:

hornetguy said:
one of the guys here runs the humidor at www.cigar-ettecity.com and they have very reasonable prices and over the top customer service. I recommend them highly. I have also bought from JR's online, and have had nothing but good experiences with them. Try cigar-ettecity first. Good selection. :thumbs:
[snapback]242135[/snapback]​

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Guitar_Gatler said:
The Prince said:
Personally, I give my business to the smaller guys.  They seem to appreciate it more.

[snapback]241921[/snapback]​

Try rockyscigars.com.

The Prince said:
Try rockyscigars.com.
[snapback]242348[/snapback]​

I have no association with Rocky's except as a customer, but I can attest to the fact that they have a great selection and their sticks are very well-maintained. Often they have some kind of "free shipping" deal going.

I live ten minutes away from the shop--which means I also live ten minutes away from NY's 37% tobacco tax. :angry2:

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif