• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

jr cigars

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
just got the heads up, if anyone is interested. :cool:

site says 84 is out of stock and I didn't see the 843. Whats the big scoop?

O.K, Chummies. What's the scoop on these 84's. Are they in or are they out ? Where can I get them ? P.M please... :)

jr cigars has a feature that tells you when your favorites are in stock. connies = FLOR DE CONSUEGRA. 84s are the flor de llaneza natural, 843s are the maduros.

Sack:
I just called JR around 12:00 P.M CST. Was put on hold for 10 minutes. Finally had a chance to talk to some darn old lady whom did not know JACK about connie. Had to tell her the code CG84, CG843 and she had to look it up in the real time inventory, blaaah, blaaah, blaaah... Anyway, the scoop is this: after spending almost 20 minutes on the phone, she said that it shows OOS in stock for both. I asked her if I could back-order them, she said "YES", then after putting in the order, turned around and said "NO" because the system would not let her do it. I politely thanked her for the time helping me out on the phone...

End of "andrewhac" once more futile search for the fabled unicorn "Connie 84" story... :laugh:

Sack:
I just called JR around 12:00 P.M CST. Was put on hold for 10 minutes. Finally had a chance to talk to some darn old lady whom did not know JACK about connie. Had to tell her the code CG84, CG843 and she had to look it up in the real time inventory, blaaah, blaaah, blaaah... Anyway, the scoop is this: after spending almost 20 minutes on the phone, she said that it shows OOS in stock for both. I asked her if I could back-order them, she said "YES", then after putting in the order, turned around and said "NO" because the system would not let her do it. I politely thanked her for the time helping me out on the phone...

End of "andrewhac" once more futile search for the fabled unicorn "Connie 84" story... :laugh:
your search is over, they're in stock and listed on the website. don't hurt yourself! :p :cool:

can someone explain the hoopla ?

Connies are seconds that are pretty good with a few months age on them. Very much worth the 1dollar a stick price tag imo. Search for Consuegra to learn more.

Brandon

Pardon me, while I bump into this thread..

I have saved the info that Nullsmurf linked. (thanks for the info!) and I am looking through it however I do have a couple questions. I am currently looking at picking up a couple bundles of connies to split in halves each between me and a buddy. Looking for a bundle of natural & maduro. The problem that comes up is this, I don't have much experience with the brands that the connies represent. El Rey Del Mundo, and Hoya De Monterrey in perticular. So I don't have the knowledge to pick out what would be the best selections for us. He is even newer then I am to cigar smoking.

Both of us, seem to be drawn to the medium to fuller body smokes. He is currently enjoying the Partagas black label's and I am currently in love with the LFD Single Ligero lines. However I thought since getting two bundles, one mad on nat would be a good route to go. So without having much background in these can anyone help me out with what JR currently has in stock that may appeal to us??

Thanks in advance!

Hoyo's and ERDM's are not expensive cigars. I see no point in buying seconds and dealing with the aggravation that can come with their purchase.

Doc.

Thanks for the input Doc! My position boils down to being that I hear lots of good things about the connies as for as price/value goes. I myself am looking to pick up some "stock" so to speak and for the $1 or so price range they seam to be a good deal. I don't always want to be smoking a 3-8 dollar cigar everytime I light up. I just have heard good things and was looking for the recommendations of what ones would suite us best..

The Partagas Black and the LFD are very strong cigars. If I were you I'd go with the Hoyo seconds, but they won't be anythling like the two aformentioned smokes.

Doc.