• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR ULTIMATE HABANITO

Qualls07

token pipe smoker
Reaction score
I just bought a JR Ultimate sampler and JR, being the generous company they are, offered a box of the habanitos for $5 which I went ahead and bought for kicks. Are these any good? My humidor space is at a premium right now, and I dont want to keep them around taking up space if they arent going to end up as a decent quick smoke. On a related note, one of the reasons my humidor is a little full is I just recieved me newbie sampler from SamClemmons and ended up with a few more cigars than I bargained for :D , although I'm not complaining. Its not a bad problem to have, and I hope to correct it soon, although I am having a little trouble finding time to smoke all the great cigars I ended up with.

I was skeptical about the JR Ultimate Habanitos as well. They turned out to be a nice little smoke. They have that JR Ultimate flavor, just in a much smaller package. I still have about 1/2 a box and from time to time, my Mate and I dip into them. :)

I like them, but they can be harsh and inconsistent. I find that 6-8 months in the humidor takes the edge off and improves them.

JK

I did as similar buy a while back, got the habanitos for $5 and they turned out to be pretty good. I like them as driving smokes, since Okinawa is sooo* small I rarly drive more than 15-30 minutes (unless traffic is really bad). Flavor is decent, I hadn't experienced the inconsistancy Jim mentioned, but I did let them sit for a bit (2 months at first and it's been about 8 months now...) They do tend to burn hot if you go too fast, though.

-K-