• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR's Cigar School & Tasting

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
Anyone been to anything like this? I live relatively close by and was thinking of attending. Seems like a great reason to get out and smoke cigars with fellow brothers of the leaf.

2nd Annual Burlington Cigar School and Tasting
Burlington, NC

Burlington Cigar Store Lounge
Sunday, August 10, 2003
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Only $15.00 p/person
(The same as dinner for two at Burger King!)

You are cordially invited to attend this very informative event. Our resident cigar experts will be on hand to teach you everything you ever wanted to know about cigars.

Topics Include:

How cigars are made.
How corn dogs are made.
Countries of origin.
Tthe wrapper influence the flavor of the cigar.
How to find a great inexpensive cigar.
How to firm up your breasts and thighs.
The difference between a $10.00 cigar and a $2.00 cigar.
Aging, storage, and humidification.
Plus much more!

But that's not all you get for your money...

You will also have the opportunity to smoke and rate three of our finest premium handmade cigars.

Cigar School at JR is always fun and informative, and our staff is delighted to have you as our guest. Be sure to invite your friends. Sign up now in our cigar store, or call (336) 222-1300, Extension 3726.Please hurry - space is limited!

Well, had I known about this earlier, I probably would have taken a fun roadtrip and made it down. Keep the board updated on the next one. Would be a fun way to get to know a few CP members.

ALostTexan

If I decide to go, I will take notes and let you know how it was.

it would be a great chance for a meeting of cp'ers. maybe i'll get to go next year as i have my kids that weekend this year.
richmond ain't that far from burlington.

As it is that I am a follower (as opposed to a leader) ??? , someone organize a JR trip and I'm there! :thumbs:

gws3 said:
it would be a great chance for a meeting of cp'ers. maybe i'll get to go next year as i have my kids that weekend this year.
richmond ain't that far from burlington.
gws3,

HEY! HEY! I didn't realize that you are from Richmond (Mechanicsville). I am from Richmond, myself! Cool, huh? Small world.

I just got back from this event.

Had a great time.

Smoked three JR Ultimates. A candela, EMS and a Extra Oscuro.

I also learned alot of interesting JR facts. Ever seen a 125,000 square foot building with 100 million cigars in it? Me either, :) I heard about it though. Saw the building but not the contents. There inventory of 100 million cigars turns over every three months. Averaging 10,000 orders per day being shipped. It's no wonder the 1am can sell out in 4-minutes. They said it was amazing to watch tractor trailer load of cigars coming in one end and tractor trailor load leaving the other end sorted and addressed to customers. The were quoted as having 125,000 Macs in the Hyde Park size alone.

I bought a two-each of a pile of different cigars mostly from their new lines like the SRO, La Escepcion, Belinda Black, Montecristo Afrique, etc. Also got a box of January 2001 JR Ultimate Maduros. These should be aged to perfection.

I am all smoked out. I smoked a LGC on the way. 3 while I was there and a Belinda Black on the way home. Whew! I love the Belinda Black. Very tasty! Cheap too.

I even got a certificate for completing the cigar tasting. Hey, I guess that makes me a pro. :)

Wish you could have been there.

Sounds cool, Stack. Thanks for the review. I will definately have to make it next year.

ALostTexan