• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR's weekly special?

bmd34202

Does anyone have any info on these Gurkha G3's that are JR's weekly special? I can't find info on them. I wonder if they are a custom made thing for a particular retailer? Gurkha's website doesn't seem to mention them. They are in a nifty looking case though.

Anyone know anything about them?

I don't know of any US retailer that has them but I have seen them advertised in Iceland or Finland, I forget which. They were about $140 a box.

got the CI weekly special today, centurions for a sweet price. :p

I'd like to know if they come in that nice leather box they have pictured or not.

*edit* Ok they do come in the box, but it looks like it can hold alot more than 20 cigars. ???

The maduros are sexy looking...

I'd pull the trigger but I refuse to spend 100 dollars on cigars I've never tasted before.

I just got my email about that JR special. I'm in!! I love Gurkhas!!! and Maduro is my favorite style of wrapper!! :thumbs:

Darren

PTownshend said:
I just got my email about that JR special. I'm in!! I love Gurkhas!!! and Maduro is my favorite style of wrapper!! :thumbs:

Darren
[snapback]250973[/snapback]​

I'd be willing to trade you for the extra 4 PT, I'd love to try them, but like I said I'm not willing to put out so much cash for something I've never heard of before.

PM me if your interested, remember I can get just about anything over here.

There's a single review for the G3 on top25cigar.com

The guy gave it a 9.33

But again...only one review.
I was going to place the order, but like Wurm says, I can't justify $100 to try out something that *might* be my style. Sure do like that box though....would go great in my empty box collection.

Sure thing Wurm,
PM sent. :)

Darren

Wurm said:
PTownshend said:

Darren
[snapback]250973[/snapback]​

I'd be willing to trade you for the extra 4 PT, I'd love to try them, but like I said I'm not willing to put out so much cash for something I've never heard of before.

PM me if your interested, remember I can get just about anything over here.
[snapback]250991[/snapback]​

So is anybody actually gonna buy some of these and sell me a fiver?

I ordered a box, I wouldn’t mind trading some off or handing out a few donations, i also have the CI deal's Gurkha Centurian XX Coming. I've honestly never had a bad Gurkha, so if anyone else wants to try let me know.

I'll take you up on that. LMK when they come in. Thanks! :thumbs:

Mrepp said:
I ordered a box, I wouldn’t mind trading some off or handing out a few donations, i also have the CI deal's Gurkha Centurian XX Coming. I've honestly never had a bad Gurkha, so if anyone else wants to try let me know.
[snapback]251599[/snapback]​

Mrepp said:
[snapback]251599[/snapback]​

I'm almost afraid to try them.. then I'd be stuck craving another really pricy cigar... :laugh:

Well I got my box in sat, paid extra for shipping. My initial thought of this cigar was it was a hidden Gurkha gem, something to rival that of the expeditions I had just purchased. To say the least, these did surprise me. To be honest with you all, these carry the Gurkha name but I don’t believe them to be a K.Hansotia cigar. It’s more reminiscent of what someone had mentioned earlier, a more European style smoke. The density of the smoke its self was very thin almost that of a cigarette, It had a good taste nice spice to start with, with other subtle flavors carrying through and its easily a finger burner if you can get over the initial shock of what it really is. It’s a premium none the less and with some ageing will be a gem and a half but I thought id inform everyone on what to expect and what not too. To me after finishing the whole stick I was very pleased with the price I had paid for these. I’ll leave the real critiquing to someone with more a seasoned taste.

Mrepp said:
Well I got my box in sat, paid extra for shipping. My initial thought of this cigar was it was a hidden Gurkha gem, something to rival that of the expeditions I had just purchased. To say the least, these did surprise me. To be honest with you all, these carry the Gurkha name but I don’t believe them to be a K.Hansotia cigar. It’s more reminiscent of what someone had mentioned earlier, a more European style smoke. The density of the smoke its self was very thin almost that of a cigarette, It had a good taste nice spice to start with, with other subtle flavors carrying through and its easily a finger burner if you can get over the initial shock of what it really is. It’s a premium none the less and with some ageing will be a gem and a half but I thought id inform everyone on what to expect and what not too. To me after finishing the whole stick I was very pleased with the price I had paid for these. I’ll leave the real critiquing to someone with more a seasoned taste.
[snapback]252916[/snapback]​

Thanks for the heads up as well as sharing your experience with teh G3's with us. Now I'm really stumpted although I think will pass on this expedition.

Sounds good. I'll take that 5er. :thumbs: