• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

July 20th, 1969

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
In perhaps what is mankind's greatest technological achievement to date, at 10:56 PM EDT, July 20, 1969 Neil Armstrong began his decent to the lunar surface where he uttered his famous words: "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind". While the world didn't hear the [a] due to interference, Armstrong confirmed that he did say it. One of man's finest moments.

Hail the heroes and men who dare!

I remember watching on television . . . kept going outside and looking up at the moon and marveling that we had actually put men there, then coming back inside to watch some more. Absolutely one of the defining moments of my childhood.

~Boar

Fake! :sign:

With the anniversary, and Walter Cronkite dying there has been several things on TV and the radio about the Lunar landing. I get off work at 2am, and I flipped on the radio last night. Wow there are some crazies out there. I wasn't alive for it, but it still amazes me to this day!

Brandon

Wow, 40 years ago. I remember watching it on tv and getting the call from the newspaper telling me I would be delivering this the next morning.....

And to think they used less technology horsepower than my Blackberry to get to the moon. Kind of humbling, don't you think?

Fish

Many speculate why he was chosen. Some say politics. He said and I heard him say this, "Because I was closest to the hatch".

Doc.