• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

July 4th Cookin'

Now that I am safetly back from my trip to Louisiana, I had to hurridly decide what to do for Independance Day dinner. Now, I've always liked to cook, as most of us do, but today men and women across the country feel a duty to cook something special.

Unfortunatly, I have had to come up with a split second decision. I rushed to the store late last night and picked up a nice pork loin that was on sale. I also picked up some corn in the husk and baking potatoes. I marinated the meat with a dry rub last night, and I am about to fire up the smoker here shortly to infuse some apple and cherry wood into it. Finally, I'll finish it in the oven in time for dinner.

I believe I'll be enjoying a nice AVO while smoking the meat, then probably a TTT for after dinner dessert. All of these choices came to me in a dream tonight...so, that's what I do instead of sleeping!

Happy 4th of July!

Sounds great Boone, I got a few ham sammiches in the fridge, hehe.

Gonna light up a Shark in a bit though, looking forward to that.

Sounds great Boone, I got a few ham sammiches in the fridge, hehe.

Gonna light up a Shark in a bit though, looking forward to that.

Thanks for all you do out there, bro. And may that Shark truely be good to you and bite you're arss. :D

I'm gonna have me small get-together and bbq some all-american Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.
Along with some macaroni salad, potato salad, and some appetizers.

Ribs, Ribs, Ribs.....Bake for 6 hours @ 250 degress under a canvas of beer and rub. BBQ with sause until perfect...yum!! Wifes mac salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, home brew...perfect!

-Fetter

today we go to WHITING, IN. to watch the 4th of july parade and afterwards we go to the shores of lake michigan to enjoy the carnival. we go every year and have a great time. the turkey legs, polish sausage,hot dogs, and tacos make it a real american experience. wish you all a great 4th of july! :D :D :D :D

Hand slapped hamburgers... hot-dogs and holzfaller steaks :)

Ribs, Ribs, Ribs.....Bake for 6 hours @ 250 degress under a canvas of beer and rub. BBQ with sause until perfect...yum!! Wifes mac salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, home brew...perfect!

-Fetter

That sounds pretty damn good man!!

Going over to a buddies place to BBQ,
We have the usual, hamburgers, hot dogs... Then we have chicken, some ribs, and Hillbilly's pepperoncini recipe that I prepped last night!!!
Should be a good one!!!

David

All the left overs from all the cooking we the past three days...

Its hot as hell outside but we do have a nice breeze here. If you stay in the shade its pretty tolerable. So I have the little grill up and running cooking some Italian Sausages and probably cook up some Leek Soup later on today. Then I am gonna pop open a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot 2006 Barleywine for the night cap. :thumbs:

chicken... yesterday. (tried that beer can up the chicken's ass and BBQ). You can find them at Wallymart... chicken is very tasty! (not dry)

chicken... yesterday. (tried that beer can up the chicken's ass and BBQ). You can find them at Wallymart... chicken is very tasty! (not dry)

How can you go wrong with beer can AND chicken??? I want to try a tadurkin. (duck stuffed in chicken stuffed in turkey) yard bird overload. :love:

How can you go wrong with beer can AND chicken??? I want to try a tadurkin. (duck stuffed in chicken stuffed in turkey) yard bird overload. :love:

I meant "turducken"

http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.html

brats, onions and peppers on bbq with some huge ass mushrooms today. Watermelon and pineapple sides.