• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jury Duty

boeman

ARGH!!

I have been summoned for jury duty... Of course the week they want me to be there we have 1 person on vacation, and it's one of MY busiest weeks at work... on the bright side, that's work others will have to do :D

The down side, I can't take an extended break to smoke a stogie on those slow days. :angry:

I guess I shouldn't complain... constitutionally everyone is Guaranteed due process by a jury of their peers.... I would want every possible candidate to feel the same way I do if I every went to trial for anything... But I'm not sure if anyone would want to consider a 26 year old programmer a peer.

What I don't find fair is my 53 year old dad has never been summoned for jury duty. I just don't get it. :lookup:

I'm done complaining, time to light up a 'gar.

I turn 25 in a month and I've already been called three times! I'm beginning to think "the man" is out to get me :sign: I just had jury duty a month ago so I figure in 11 months I'll be called again :(

I have only been summoned 1 time in 20 years, and that was cancelled because of the blizzard in 1996. And I want to go to jury duty. Sounds crazy, but being a civil servant, you get full pay, can probably pick up some overtime to boot. It would be like a vacation.

Sh1t happen's I guess. I've never been summoned, but my friend seems to be summoned every eight months or so. No idea why, just happens. ???

Anyway, good luck & enjoy the 'gar :D

if anything, just light up a cigar in mid interview and they might just kick you out.

:thumbs:

You always bring a couple of quick little ceegars and don't forget those almighty words, "He's Guilty"..... :D :sign: :p

I was just recently talking to my wife about how neither she, nor I, nor anyone either of us know have ever been called to jury duty. I was beginning to think that it just a joke used on T.V. (like when Steve Erkel and Carl Winslow were called in for the same jury :D )

I think the county jury duty may be a joke... I really wish this was federal jury duty. I wouldn't have any problem with that!