• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just about time to call it quits for the year.

Snoozer

Well I went out on to the balcony today to enjoy a cigar, I figure I've only got a couple good days left before it becomes too cold out there. Sure enough right after I light up the wind picked up. :angry: I mean really picked up but I've already torched it so I'm committed at this point :whistling: It wasn't that bad but it sure was a sign that it's almost over for the year. :( I managed to get through 3/4 of it before the wrapper split like they will do in the cold so it wasn't too bad.
November is always depressing when it comes to smoking.
This week is supposed to be quite warmer so I'm going to get in as many as I can (and still enjoy them) before I hibernate for the winter. At least that will give me the time and money to buy more sticks for spring and set up a vinotemp :thumbs:

Ha, just noticed the Canada location.
I was thinking to myself this past weekend...this is the best cigar smoking weather.
I love being in N.C.

Well I went out on to the balcony today to enjoy a cigar, I figure I've only got a couple good days left before it becomes too cold out there. Sure enough right after I light up the wind picked up. :angry: I mean really picked up but I've already torched it so I'm committed at this point :whistling: It wasn't that bad but it sure was a sign that it's almost over for the year. :( I managed to get through 3/4 of it before the wrapper split like they will do in the cold so it wasn't too bad.
November is always depressing when it comes to smoking.
This week is supposed to be quite warmer so I'm going to get in as many as I can (and still enjoy them) before I hibernate for the winter. At least that will give me the time and money to buy more sticks for spring and set up a vinotemp :thumbs:

That's just sad, I hope you get to get a few more in.

Sorry to hear it. You are more than welcome down here in TX been low of 60 and high of 80 just perfect weather :whistling: :sign:

For a second, I thought this was another of those Poor Poor California boys complaining about temps in the 60s.

I'm just glad I can smoke inside in my lounge. It can be really nice, light a fire in the wood stove pour a scotch and light up. Sorry to hear about having to quit or the season but I do like to see that you are being positive about it.

I have to figure out a way to smoke inside. We got a filter system but it really sucked, and not in a good way. Took about 3 days and various sprays to clear the room. Working on a quiet exhaust fan next but in the mean time I'm thinking the gargage if need be.

I have to figure out a way to smoke inside. We got a filter system but it really sucked, and not in a good way. Took about 3 days and various sprays to clear the room. Working on a quiet exhaust fan next but in the mean time I'm thinking the gargage if need be.

I open a window in my garage. I have a space heater, TV, dvd player,mini fridge and a chair to relax.

Two words: Petit corona. The mareva is one of the classic cuban vitolas, after all :).

Try doing what one of the posters said above. In the winter, I do a trick I learned from Wilkey (?), where you run a cigar under the tap for 3-4 seconds at room temp, pat dry and let it sit for a few min before clipping / punching and smoking. Make sure you don't get the foot wet or it won't light. Works for me when its really dry and cold out. But then again, being in Texas, I don't have that happen more than a month outta the year. :)

I am hoping it doesn't get too cold in my car. Gonna really suck if it does.
Good luck too all my outside smoking friends... Stay warm. :)

I open a window in my garage. I have a space heater, TV, dvd player,mini fridge and a chair to relax.
I have everything you have. Except the garage :(
I should be buying my 1st house in the next 2 yrs and a garage is near the top of the list for this reason!

Yep, Chicago is getting there too. Two weekends ago, it was nearly impossible to smoke (on a balcony 40 stories up) even during the day. The winds were over 50 mph, and the brisk air was just whipping in. Besides it being cold as hell, the wind was ripping into the cigar. It tore the wrapper also, but just around 1/2 way. :angry:

Does any BOTL living in warm weather want to adopt me for a few months? I really could use the extra smokes this year!!!! :sign: :sign:

Living in SE Michigan around this time of the year is very pretty to look at outside with the color change. One bad thing of course is the weather. It's about that time where it's to cold to smoke outside, but on the plus side all my smokes get a nice long winter nap. I usually will go to a local B&M and buy a smoke to have, since I'm not a member I can't BYOC. Although, I did find a nice local bar that allows Cigar smoking :)

I was out the other night in 39 deg weather with ski bibs and Carhardt on. Now tonight the Steelers are on. Great night to drink a beer and have a smoke...but its gonna be cold.

So its time to put the EZ-up on the back deck.

Tarp it in.

Put a portable heater in there..

You warm weather guys have no idea how good you have it..

And please stop complaining that it's cold out at 60 deg..that's shorts and t-shirt weather up North.

I'm in the same boat as you. Had the first snow last night, temps are dropping. Great for snowboarding but terrible for cigar smoking. My smoking gets cut down to maybe a couple a month, instead of a couple a week. Utah sucks :(

It's 65 degrees outside right now and I'm outside in a T-shirt and jeans enjoying it to the fullest.