• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just about time to call it quits for the year.

I usually will go to a local B&M and buy a smoke to have, since I'm not a member I can't BYOC.

Is this considered rude? I have walked into a B&M smoking a cigar that I bought elsewhere. I have never been asked for a fee or have been asked to put it out. After I make my purchase, I usually sit around to shot the breeze or read the paper and finish my smoke. I figured as long as you make a purchase, they don't care. After doing some research online, apparently some B&Ms do care if you smoke a stick you didn't buy there. Some go as far as making it a policy. I was shocked. Any one here ever been told to take a hike for bringing in there own smoke?

I usually will go to a local B&M and buy a smoke to have, since I'm not a member I can't BYOC.

Is this considered rude? I have walked into a B&M smoking a cigar that I bought elsewhere. I have never been asked for a fee or have been asked to put it out. After I make my purchase, I usually sit around to shot the breeze or read the paper and finish my smoke. I figured as long as you make a purchase, they don't care. After doing some research online, apparently some B&Ms do care if you smoke a stick you didn't buy there. Some go as far as making it a policy. I was shocked. Any one here ever been told to take a hike for bringing in there own smoke?

I was in one of my favorites a couple a weeks ago and they had a sign that said, if you didn't buy it here, don't smoke it here. I don't think there would have been a problem had I brought my own and bought one of their's. But who knows.

And, it got down below 60 the other night, brrrrrr :cool: . No really, this is the time of year I wait for in Florida, too hot in the summer to stay out very long.

Ken

I was in one of my favorites a couple a weeks ago and they had a sign that said, if you didn't buy it here, don't smoke it here. I don't think there would have been a problem had I brought my own and bought one of their's. But who knows.

And, it got down below 60 the other night, brrrrrr :cool: . No really, this is the time of year I wait for in Florida, too hot in the summer to stay out very long.

Ken

Wow! I have been doing this since I have started smoking. Maybe since the places I frequent know me, they let it slide. But I don't want to be 'that guy' that wears out his welcome. ???

The place I go even has a minimum amount you have to spend on a stick if you want to sit in there lounge and smoke. I really should just get a locker there, it's 400 a year though, and then I could just bring a box to keep it there. Membership also gives a 20% discount store wide. I think I'll just stick to the local bar and grill.

Well I went out on to the balcony today to enjoy a cigar, I figure I've only got a couple good days left before it becomes too cold out there. Sure enough right after I light up the wind picked up. :angry: I mean really picked up but I've already torched it so I'm committed at this point :whistling: It wasn't that bad but it sure was a sign that it's almost over for the year. :( I managed to get through 3/4 of it before the wrapper split like they will do in the cold so it wasn't too bad.
November is always depressing when it comes to smoking.
This week is supposed to be quite warmer so I'm going to get in as many as I can (and still enjoy them) before I hibernate for the winter. At least that will give me the time and money to buy more sticks for spring and set up a vinotemp :thumbs:

As a bachelor, its just me and the dog. So I still smoke in the house especially since here in PA there aren't many places outside the house you can enjoy a smoke anymore. People have come to learn that I come with my cigars. So if you don't like it you may want to find another person to hang out with. I am working on a renovation project in my basement. It will be my own little cigar lounge with walk in humidor. There was a walk in cedar closet in the house when I purchased it. So I am going to fix it up a little, put I nice door on it and humidification unit and I am on my way. I am hoping to have the project done by super bowl. Planning a big party with a "live" half time show. BOTL are more than welcomed.

There aren't a lot of places left here in PA but I know a lot of the B&M have a similar policy. You have to go a buy SOMETHING even if you smoke something else. Holts owns a cigar bar above their store called Mahogany (some of the BOTL's go there). They are a cigar bar but obviously affiliated with Holts. However, you can buy from them, buy from Holts downstairs or even bring your own stuff if you like. I the cigar bar makes the bulk of their money off of bar sales and not cigars.

There is no where I know of to smoke here in Hamilton, Ontario. It sucks but what can you do? Nothing, that's what. LOL

I know your pain. We are starting to get cold here in Michigan. At least this past weekend and this week it has been in the 60's. Usually on Halloween it is cold as hell here but I was outside in a sweatshirt drinking beer, handing out candy while smoking a PAM 64. Life was good but in a week or so I will be wondering why I stayed in this state. :(

My heart goes out to you and to all the lovers of the leaf who live in frigid climates and not allowed to smoke indoors (I can't smoke indoors either...) Fortunately, here in California, it never gets too cold for a good stick or two.

I have a friend in Wisconson who will put on all his Cold Weater Gear and sit out in the yard to partake of his favorite pastime.

Well it is unseasonably warm today and their calling for it to stay this way all week. I'm going to pick some good smokes to enjoy in what will probably be my last good week of smoking!

Just snowed 3-4 inches here this morning, supposed to keep up for another day or two off and on. Looks like my smoking time is cut down significantly.

Just snowed 3-4 inches here this morning, supposed to keep up for another day or two off and on. Looks like my smoking time is cut down significantly.

What? You're not going to let a little snow get in the way of cigar smoking, are you? Why, around these here parts as long as the end of the cigar sticks far enough out of the snow drift to light it you're good to go~! Last year my sons and I enjoyed some fine smokes during a nice gentle snowshower outside Ralph Wilson Stadium on New Year's Day just before the NHL Winter Classic.

I had the same thing happen to me last Wednesday. I went out for my between-class smoke break and fired one up (a La Aroma de Cuba Corona Minor). I managed to smoked about a fifth of it before I could no longer feel my hands and face.

I had the same thing happen to me last Wednesday. I went out for my between-class smoke break and fired one up (a La Aroma de Cuba Corona Minor). I managed to smoked about a fifth of it before I could no longer feel my hands and face.

In Honolulu?? :0

One of the nice things about being in Southern Arizona is that this is just about the time it gets to be perfect cigar weather. A bit chilly in the evenings, even here, but so damn nice. Through the summer it is just too damn hot to enjoy a cigar outside, and even at 10:00 p.m. it will consistently be 90+ degrees.

Right about now is the best cigar weather for AZ...