• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just another statistic

Goldie

Just lost my job about an hour ago. I feel like crap, and I don't know what to do. Absolutely unbelievable. Anyone know of any employers in the Columbus, Ohio area that are looking to hire?

Wow. I am sorry to hear. Best of luck on your job search

Wright-Patterson is hiring an ass-load of scientist and engineers. Do you know anything about airplanes?

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it sorts itself out soon!

Cigars are on me when I get back to town!!

Keep your chin up!!

Tony

Sorry to hear that. Things are rough right now. I just recently applied at a sandwich shop for some extra weekend money and they had over 600 applications in 3 days. Luckily work is starting to pick up for us construction workers, but im still afraid of a mass layoff sometime this year.

That's terrible to hear. Hope things will work out. Jobs are tough to come across these days. :(

I'm hoping Wal-Mart will call back. *Crosses fingers*

Been there done that ... had the same thing happen to me. You will bounce back after the initial shock wears o

Where did you wok and what dd you do? Search Craigslist ... lots of job listings there ... at least in my area.

God luck.

- Jason

Horrible news.

I was told in January that my last day would be June 30. I've been going on lots of interviews but I'm either over qualified (which means they can't afford to pay me a comparable salary) or the company puts on a hiring freeze before they can make me an offer. Your best bet is probably going to be in healthcare. Check Ohio Health's website. Also check out careers.ohio.gov. The state will start hiring as they start spending the fed money. If you can afford to work at slightly better than minimum wage, check with the temp firms like Spherion, Officeteam, and Adecco. Finally, find some networking events to go to. You might not find a job directly, but if you put in the time you could meet some people who might find you a job.

As for me, I'm going to work out my time at my current employer, and in the last few months I have left I am studying to take the Certified Fraud Examiner test. After that I am going to back into consulting.

Let me know if your free tonight or tomorrow night and I'll treat you to a cigar and drinks.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Keep your chin up and keep plugging away, you will find something.

Ken

Here's hoping you find something right away. Positive waves heading your way.

I know how you feel; it's a tough situation to be in. I've been there and it's like being shell shocked.

Keep your chin up and good luck.

that sucks I hope all turns out for ya. The good news is the Cobra insurance will be at a 65% discount rp