• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just bought some new aromatics

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I just purchased:

• Mac Baren Vanilla Cream
  • McClelland Best of Show
  • C&D Autumn Evening
  • GH Top Black Cherry

Really looking forward to trying the vanilla cream!

I just polished off a tin of Sutliff Molto Dolce, which tastes like vanilla, caramel and honey.  This stuff was delicious!  

If you smoke a pipe (aromatic) inside, will the smell linger or does it dissipate pretty quick?

That Molte Doce has been getting a lot of praise. Same goes for the Vanilla Cream.
I don't smoke Aromatics except for a few Virginia Bullseye blends with Black Cavendish or straight Black Cavendish. I really can't speak to the aroma persistence. But, I am wondering if you have tried any "pure" Cavendish?  Not all Black Cavendish are made alike i.e., VAs, Burleys, From Sugar to Vanilla, cherry, etc. I like the Stokkebye quite a bit and it is now the only one I smoke, either plain, or experimenting adding it to Blends. 

Rod said:
I just purchased:

• Mac Baren Vanilla Cream
  • McClelland Best of Show
  • C&D Autumn Evening
  • GH Top Black Cherry
Really looking forward to trying the vanilla cream!

I just polished off a tin of Sutliff Molto Dolce, which tastes like vanilla, caramel and honey.  This stuff was delicious!  

If you smoke a pipe (aromatic) inside, will the smell linger or does it dissipate pretty quick?

Nice pick up Rod! I think Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream is one of the better vanilla blends you can find. The Autumn Evening is a great blend as well with the red Virginia. Haven't had the other two, but I'm sure they're pretty good coming from those blenders. As for the aromatics lingering in a pipe, they definitely can ghost your pipe if you smoke several bowls, but nothing a few smokes of a non-aromatic wouldn't get rid of. If you have a pipe with a ghost you can't seem to get rid of, you can always do the salt and Everclear treatment and that will pull some of the toughest smells out.  I try to reserve a few pipes just for aromatics, and when in doubt, you can always toss it in a cob :thumbs:

That Autumn Evening is top notch stuff.

My garage smells permanently of 1Q, which is odd because I smoke mostly VA Flakes...

The cherry blend is really wet, and I can't keep it lit.  I'll need to let it dry out a bit.  The Best of Show tastes/smells like a pancake house!  The Vanilla Cream burns hot.  Autumn Evening is pretty good, but needs to dry a bit.

So far out of the four I bought, Best of Show is my favorite.  

Pancakes!? I'm going to have to try that one, lol. With the Vanilla Cream, try letting it dry out a little too. I've noticed with almost all Mac Baren blends, I have to puff very gently and slowly to keep them from warming up too quick. I also like to pop a tin a week or so prior and let it sit in the tin. Sometimes that will help out with the wetter blends.

I did just try another aro from McClelland, their Master Penman blend. I smoked a couple bowls back to back and it did great! Pecan, nutty, maybe a little cinnamon in there too.

Is the Vanilla Cream the blend, or the flake? Both are good, but I like the flake better....

Good lineup of tobacco there man...