• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just checking in...

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Everyone tells you how much work infant kids are, how you will sell your kidney to pay for formula and diapers...

Liars.

You can't even exaggerate about it. Holy shit. That being said, the munchkin hit six months old this week, which is hard to believe. It's been a looooong six months. Watching him grow in that time from this completely helpless, barely able to focus his eyes on anything newborn to a gibberish-babbling little monkey has been the best part of my life, hands down. So yeah, life is awesome.

I've never been busier, EVER. Life takes on a new meaning with a kid, I understand that now. Things you enjoyed and took for granted before (like sleep, having a clean house, smoking cigars every day) are distant memories, but well worth the trade. I still have the chance to hit the B&M once or twice a week in the mornings after work, thanks to my amazing wife. Work is hectic (law enforcement has been hit hard in terms of quality of work), and overtime is a must now due to the baby. I still enjoy police work, but the politics of it all is just a bit too much now.

Anyway, just glad to see this place hasn't burned down, and things have continued as normal. I see a few of you on facebook regularly, so I still feel connected. Hopefully in a coupe years when the kid has a bit more motor function and can talk, I'll be able to partake in CP again!

All true.  Just wait until they are on two legs, they go from stumble around to run at full speed with no pauses in between.  That will really test your metal.  Enjoy it while you can.  It goes by really fast.

I saw myself 4 years ago un your post....lol!

Enjoy every moment of it, time does go by very fast and soon enough you'll be talking to a 4 1/2 years old that is going to tell on you buying cigars online to your wife!!!!

Kid: " Mom, daddy bought cigar again...."

Dad: " That's it, you're not eating

You are right about not having as much time to yourself, or time alone with your wife, but the quality time you're going to spend with your kid is going to define the rest of your and his life, so enjoy every bit of it.

And oke is right, wait till the little one starts walking.... They have two speeds those little munchkins....stopped or full on racing mode. They fall without protecting themselves.... I seriously had to move furniture around because I would get a heart attack every time my kid would fall close to my glass coffee table....

Good stuff man, even though it is sometime very time consuming, it's the best time of your life..

I've always said that no one really understands what "24/7" means until they have a kid.  Or two..... :p

Nice to see you back..... :cool:

As my wife likes to say....."This is why we can't have nice things."

Damn....A confession I know all too well Mr. Quarto... Wouldn't trade it for the world!!

After years (dating ten years and being married for 1.5), Mrs. KB and myself are reaching the "kid" stage.  Within the past two years, almost all of our friends are pushing the idea, and 95% are telling us to do it.  I believe the 5% know how much I love my vices and fear I may crumble.  Truth is, I've wanted a little KB jr. since I could remember.  I hope the Lord blesses us, and I can truly say, I am jealous.  Yeah, they are effectively leeches, and will drain your money, sleep, freedom, etc., but I can only imagine (with help of my two Godchildren), what joy a child of my own could bring.

Congrats, and keep it up!  :thumbs:

Dude. Totally hear you. My sone is 8 months. And teething. And crawling. A cigar seams to be my only reprieve. Enjoy and good luck.

Those little tiny teeth are sharp as hell!

Hey, it's rough not being able to enjoy all thing things I used to, at least not with nearly as much frequency, but it is soooo worth it.

oke&coke said:
As my wife likes to say....."This is why we can't have nice things."
Well, ya you can, between when your children move out and grandchildren. Then you can't have nice things again. Oh, my cherry coffee table. What a beating it's taking from the toddler grandson. ???

Doc

Mine just hit 7 months old so I'm in the same boat and haven't been around. Don't think I've had more than a handful of cigars since that time! Good to see ya around. 

Ben

I've found success in trying a pipe. It's much quicker then smoking a cigar and just as tasty though it's different. Buy a cheap pipe and give it a shot. You won't sink a ton of money if it doesn't work out for you.

I still have my pipe, it's going to be getting some use this summer, for certain.

Doc, you mean...it never really stops?
bfisher88 said:
Mine just hit 7 months old so I'm in the same boat and haven't been around. Don't think I've had more than a handful of cigars since that time! Good to see ya around.

Ben
Hey, glad to hear it! Best wishes to you guys Ben.