• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just dropping in.

Humidor Minister

I've been away for a while, been crazy busy. My woodworking has taken me in a different direction. I've now been building a wine cellar and doing a lot more segmented turning. Still enjoying cigars regularly but not much extra time. Just thought you guys might enjoy this. It's a segmented turning I did for a symposium I went to recently. Just for vewing pleasure, not for sale. The last humi I built took me 5 months to build so I had to find something to do that could satisfy my woodworking habit a little faster. Please enjoy.
403210825.jpg

Very Nice. You have mad skills on that segmented turning.

Welcome back to the fold.

Wow bro that is sweet! What kind of time is involved in that?

Thanks guys. This one took about 5 or 6 weeks of evenings & weekends. This one is about 12" tall & 8" in diameter. I recently got a Powermatic 4224 lathe so I'll be doing another one with a little more complexity. This one is 1902 pieces, stands 12" tall & 8" in diameter. I'm attempting one with 20,000 pieces, 34" tall & 22" in diameter. I'm about 6000 pieces into it so far. Now if I can just pull it off w/o blowing it into pieces. It'll take about a year to make by the time I'm done. cross your fingers for me. :cool:

Beautiful work as always Bill, fingers crossed for you in your new venture....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

That is a great piece of art. I aspire to do something even close to that on the lathe. [font="Arial""][/font]

Could you post your 20,000 piece unit when it's glued up? I, for one would love to see the pre-turned piece.

Thanks very much everyone, I appreciate the kind comments very much. Here's the last picture I took of my progress on the big one. each of the features has 630 pieces, there ar 10 features for a total of 6300 just in these pieces. Then there will b an upper feature & smaller features above & below this main one too.
401667903.jpg

401667904.jpg

401077306.jpg

401437393.jpg

Man Mike, WTF aren't you in Paris at the Louvre? You have so dang much talent So good to see some of your work again.

I'm finishing another monster too. This truck has been on my plate for what seems like for ever. I don't ever want to do this again (unless it's for me :cool:) I killed many Partagas #4's on this baby. All my design, hand laid & polished carbon fiber.
403436532.jpg

403436534.jpg