• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

just finished reading...

gws3

1000 post club member
The power of myth by Joeseph Campbell.

not being a religious guy i was amazed at how similar the beliefs and myths of all the different religions are. the same mythological and religious themes show up in almost all of them.
i've never read any of his books before but i think i'm going to look for some others. he's very articulate in explaining his reason philosophies and years of research on the subject.

anyone else read his stuff?

If folks are chasing each other at mach2 with their hair set ablaze, I'll give it a try :0 :)

not since college... I am notv religious either..I am what c you might call an agnostic believer.

I beleive in a god of some kind..but that it has no control over our lives.

I feel there must be some common creator if all religious roads lead to the same place.

Horse said:
If folks are chasing each other at mach2 with their hair set ablaze, I'll give it a try :0 :)
LMAO!!! you read some interesting books :D

i like other a bunch of other stuff to. twain,hemingway, sherlock holmes stories, stories about pirates, knights.
present day authors like tom corcoran, bill bryson.
i enjoy reading. :D

Hey, how long was "The power of myth"? I hate to sound like a wimp, but I am still doing research this summer, but would like a rather short book to read, as I cannot give too much time to reading books that aren't about my research subject. So, if this book is rather short, as in a couple of hundred pages, it sounds like something I would enjoy.

ALostTexan
.....Now back to my yeast research.........

gws3 said:
Horse said:
LMAO!!! you read some interesting books :D
Naw, just your usual... Dale Brown, Clancy, WEB Griffin, Clive Cussler, Grisham, Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, etc... Mrs can't understand reading about anything that isn't a true story... aka Ann Rule, True Crime stuff.

ALostTexan said:
Hey, how long was "The power of myth"? I hate to sound like a wimp, but I am still doing research this summer, but would like a rather short book to read, as I cannot give too much time to reading books that aren't about my research subject. So, if this book is rather short, as in a couple of hundred pages, it sounds like something I would enjoy.

ALostTexan
.....Now back to my yeast research.........
it's about 270 give or take.
and welcome aboard! :D

Perfect length for me right now, and thanks for the welcome.

ALostTexan

Well I have been reading, the Harry Potter series, my daughter got me into it. it is actually very good. Plus it is something my daughter and I can talk about and have something in common. Other then that, I read WEB Griffin, Tom Clancy, Stephen King, Harry Harrison, Plus when I am really in the mood, I rather like Shakespear, but that is rare. I also like the classics, Huck Finn. and the like. :D

Just got back from my little trip to Oregon Coast with my family. Theres nothing like reading a good book and smoking a good cigar, aahhhh relaxation ;)

Just finished Harry Potter #5 , got hooked on it a year ago and haven't been able to put the books down. Now its back to Clive Cussler, Tony Hillerman, Clancy and Ludlum :D

Well, I actually looked for "The Power of Myth", but my local library did not have it in, so I settled for a very interesting book that I plan on starting tonight over a nice Hoyo

"All the Rave-The Rise and Fall of Shawn Fanning's Napster".

I am really keeping up with the story of MP3's, and what is legally going to happen. This book ought to be interesting.

ALostTexan
.....Sitting in the local library to use the computer, which is a little better than sitting at home in the dark due to no electricity.....