• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just got fired from my project, WTF?

Sorry to hear it man. At least they didn't nix your cash flow.

Your story of sandbagging and railroading remind me of my days serving at the feet of corporate masters. So glad I got to quit before that ship sunk after my departure. MUCH happier with a small company, clear lines of communication... only one master now.

Stay up man. You can rebound. The sting will eventually fade and be replaced by an unrelenting bitterness... at least from my experience.

Look - you do whatever you want - but at least Read This First...

I've been sent in the "search" mode for postings like yours - and have been on the hiring evaluation side of things. This article covers much of what I know from the corporate world. Companies are rarely anything but intolerant of workers publically airing their grievances.

I especially agree with...

Before using your blog to vent about workplace problems, try to solve them through the usual channels.

Your situation may be frustrating - and in YOUR VIEW unfair - but there are two sides to every story. Viewing something as a "firing" may in fact be a "restructuring".

I don't know your specific circumstances, but from the sounds of what you said about the project - this was a HUGE project for your company. ANY failure on the company's part could jeopardize their whole project - costing lots of bananas.

Reality is - all of us can be replaced. Many of us are doing the job of 2 and 3 people (if we view it that way). Your bosses should have recognized you needed help - but you should have also been planful and requisitioned the needed support as a project MANAGER. If you failed to recognize it - don't be so willing to take it all on the next time. Give careful consideration to the necessary resources.

Take the advice of your company to heart - think about how you can do it better next time and prepare for that moment. And fer cripes sake - DO NOT whine out loud! Your company is most likely closely monitoring you to see what your reaction to this "failure" is - and it's up to you to fall flat on your face - or shine like a star.

Keep in mind - your actions could cost you far more than your one project...