• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just had an Earthquake

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else feel that earthquake in So. CAL? It was a 5.1, centered near Big Bear Lake. We felt it here in Pasadena... After shocks expected as ussual. :eek:

I hope that side of the country waits until after June 23rd to drop off the edge. Preferably after I get in the plane to leave on the 24th. LOL

LOL. It was nothing, just a little quake. I'm still waiting for the "BIG ONE" --- maybe I'll get ocean front property like everyone keeps talking about. :)

Nothing fell off the shelves, all the utilities stayed on...piece of cake! Keeps us on our toes! :biggrin:

I may be a coward but let me tell you something. I am a native Californian. I lived in California from 1958 until 1996. Now that is a bit of time. I have been through more earthquakes than I can count. I always thought, "oh, no big deal." "why do others make such a big do about it?" Well I was there for the large earthquake that hit Whittier in the 80s. I had friends that had parts of their houses demolished. Downtown Whittier looked like a war zone. At the time I worked at Metropolitan State Hospital and we had to evacuate the unit until deemed safe as it had cracks in the ceiling. No one got hurt that I remember but it was unsettling. That was the first quake of any size that did some pretty good damage. Other quakes had made minor damage here and there or major damage but not in highly populated areas. Okay, I moved from Southern Calif. to Northern Calif. I was there when the quake hit Watsonville. Now that was about 2 hours or more away from me in Napa. My significant other was in San Francisco working. Remember when the world series was in San Franciso and the TV coverage went blank? Remember the freeway that was a double decker and the top deck fell on the bottom deck killing folks? Remember the Oakland bridge and how a section of it collapsed causing some to lose their life? This was due to an epicenter that was over an hour or more away. Earthquakes no longer became "no big deal to me". My partner was on the Bart and I was terrified as I watched the Marina district in flames. Three-story buildings now had one floor, which used to be the top one! TV coverage was poor. No one came on TV to help the hearing impaired, there was chaos in areas. The worked for days trying to safe people that were trapped under that Freeway. I watched, days later, on TV as they finally scrolled all the dead's names. I didn't know anyone who died but I know some who did have a loved one die. No, earthquakes are not "minor" acts to me as they once were. I have gotten much more respect for the power of natural forces. Why did I share this? I don't know. Something just went off inside when I read these posts.Debbie

For all that is interested I am cornering the market on beach front property in Arizona Bay.

Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim...

Fish

LOL. It was nothing, just a little quake. I'm still waiting for the "BIG ONE" --- maybe I'll get ocean front property like everyone keeps talking about. :)
You're a sick man Rod. Glad it was a small one this time.