• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just how much is "a glass" or a drink to you?

Hey folks. A newbie question for you.
My wife and I were debating on how much volume a drink is. She is a non-drinker but doesn't mind me drinking. I made a comment about having a drink of scotch and she asked "Just how much is in a drink to you"? I have heard others say they're getting "a glass" of Glenfiddich, etc. I usually just pour an ounce (or two if its a weekend :) )
So, how much do you pour for one drink or a glass, if thats how you say it? Lets say for discussions sake its a sipping liquor taken neat or with a little water or ice.

Your reply to her should be the same as the Bishop from Caddyshack, regardless if you're a Navy man or not.

I usually drink mine neat also. My normal pour is probably about 3oz, but subject to change depending on how the day went.

Hey folks. A newbie question for you.
My wife and I were debating on how much volume a drink is. She is a non-drinker but doesn't mind me drinking. I made a comment about having a drink of scotch and she asked "Just how much is in a drink to you"? I have heard others say they're getting "a glass" of Glenfiddich, etc. I usually just pour an ounce (or two if its a weekend :) )
So, how much do you pour for one drink or a glass, if thats how you say it? Lets say for discussions sake its a sipping liquor taken neat or with a little water or ice.

Your reply to her should be the same as the Bishop from Caddyshack, regardless if you're a Navy man or not.

"You never ask a navy man if he’ll have another drink, because it’s nobody’s goddamned business how much he’s had already."

"An incredible cinderella story, this unknown comes out of nowhere, to lead the pack, at Augusta, he's on his final hole........boy he got under that! The crowd is standing on their feet here at Augustaaaaaaa......... :D

Hard to say now and days. I can remember many years ago, I would get 20 drinks out of a bottle. Now it seems as though I only get 4 and one of them is on the light side.......

;-)~~

I usually drink Bourbon on the rocks. Pour enough to float the cubes. Although it seems to increase on the weekends.

Don

Depends on what i am drinking...non-mixed drinks generally on ice is enough to float the ice. I drink a lot of rum though straight, on the rocks or mixed so it varies quite a bit.

When you guys say a finger, what exactly are you saying. I fill glass with ice. Then I pour 3/4 glass of scotch, and a splash of water.

I guess I mean a finger thickness depth of whisky or bourbon, etc. Some fingers is fatter than others.......... :D

Back