• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

just registered

JonB

hi guys, new to the board and to cigars. all ive ever smoked was cheap stuff like swisher sweets or black and milds but lately ive decided to step up to the good stuff. i came across this site and it seems like a nice close knit community so i thought i would register. i was wondering if you guys could recommend a good site to buy a low priced, decent quality humidor. and does anyone know if topcubans.com is a reliable site to order from?

thanks everyone

Welcome to CP!

Don't know anything about topcubans.com. As for a cheap place for good stuff, there's always JR Cigars, Atlantic, Famous Smokes, etc. There are plenty of guys here more knowledgable than myself.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Welcome Jon!!

vewy gave you the best suggestions for internet retailers.

As far as a humi, go with a coolerdor. You hang around this place for much longer and you'll need the extra space!!!!

TopCubans.com and a few other Havana sites advertise here, but I don't believe that it means they are backed by the community.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Welcome to CP :thumbs: For a nice, inexpensive humidor you can look at www.cheaphumidors.com and check out the imperfect ones. You can hardly notice the imperfections and they back it with the same warranties. There are a few members here that have nicer humidors for sale at good prices also. For cheap smokes check out www.cigarbid.com

Howdy Jon and welcome to CP. Check out the attached link to bargin humidors for a decent humidor. As far as cigar sites, start searchin' the web but I hope you have some time on your hands. Before you know it, you'll have ceegars comin' out of your ears..... :D :thumbs: :p

http://bargainhumidors.com/bh/

Welcome Jon.

A cooler is a great way to start.

Don't believe what Triple_D tells ya, CigarBid is evil, just pure evil. :sign:

If you use CigarBid, just remember quanity is NOT better than quality. Been there, done that and now I know better.

Welcome to the community.

Get a coolidor for about $20 and then a desktop to have your daily smokes in. That way you don't have to open the cooler too often.

Cbid can be good if used wisely.

Hey! this is my 500th post :0

Welcome to CP JonB. Check out cigarsinternalional.com. You can order 5 packs and their prices aren't bad. You really have to know some prices before you buy from cigarbid. Time after time I see people paying more than what the cigars are worth. I also agree with vewyphishy - JRcigars.com is also very good. Cheap shipping and decent prices. They also sell 5 packs cheap. IMHO :D

Captain B said:
Welcome to CP JonB. Check out cigarsinternalional.com. You can order 5 packs and their prices are bad.
ARE bad or AREN'T bad? :p

Welcome to the board Jonb.
Lot's of great info in here to get you started with the wonderful world of Cigars.

thanks guys. i have another question. instead of using one of those plastic coolers could i use a mini fridge instead? ive got one in my room to keep pop in but its never more than half full.