• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

just registered

I use a mini fridge, but I only use it for cigar storage. So, I removed the cooling unit and freezer area to make more room.

For humidification, I use the Cigar Oasis.

whats the difference between storage and humidification? i thought they go hand in hand?

backslide do you rollerblade?

geldor1 said:
If you use CigarBid, just remember quanity is NOT better than quality. Been there, done that and now I know better.
I agree, I made that mistake too :sign:

I have 23 of the "new" Flor De Los Reyes (as cbid describes them) and though they were cheap, they do taste cheap too. I enjoyed my first box of them about a year ago, but then maybe they were the "old" incarnation of them, or maybe my tastes have grown to a better quality cigar.

Now, I will stick with a better quality everyday cigar (5 Vegas) and pay a little extra, its well worth it.

Good deals can be found at cigarbid, just get in early in the day (on qiuckies) and use auto-bid. Just pick the most you want to bid and stcik too it. If you lose, you lose, more will come up for bid.

Maggs44 said:
Now, I will stick with a better quality everyday cigar (5 Vegas) and pay a little extra, its well worth it.
First, welcome to CP....WARNING....if your a gambler...stay away from cigarbid....watchout u may pay more for cigars if your not carefull and do your homework.

You will learn allot here. now that u've grad - e - ated to real ceggarz....time to learn to enjoy them.

AS for the 5 vegas....I have plenty up for grabs whoever wants them. after 4 of those stix, they are not my smoke.... ???

Welcome to CP! I hope you realize you're on the road to ruin :p :D

Here are some suggestions on some mild-medium smokes to get you started:

AVO
Montecristo
CAO Gold
National Brand Sungrown
Griffins
Fonseca Maduro

First, welcome to CP....WARNING....if your a gambler...stay away from cigarbid....watchout u may pay more for cigars if your not carefull and do your homework.

[/quote]
Homework is the key, that I have learned. But good deals can be found. I just got a 5 pack of La Perla Habana Black Pearl Grand Robustos for $15. (but stupid me, I should have bid on more than 1 5pack) So still more to learn.

As for the 5 Vegas, I do like em as a regular smoke. Nothing spectaular, but good.
I just bid on a box of them, but if I lose out, maybe I can offer you something for yours.

lucasbuck said:

AVO
Montecristo
CAO Gold
National Brand Sungrown
Griffins
Fonseca Maduro
I just got 3 of those from your suggestion list, just wondering if they need to be aged awile. Only got 1 of each in a sampler, not sure if I can/should wait?

All tubos.
Monty H2000 Robusto
AVO XO Notturo
Griffins Robusto

Also have a
Don Thomas Interlude tubo
Don Diego Royal Palm tubo

JonB said:
thanks guys. i have another question. instead of using one of those plastic coolers could i use a mini fridge instead? ive got one in my room to keep pop in but its never more than half full.
Aworking fridge is too dry and cold for cigars. IMHO

Welcome Jon, and uh, the idea behind the coolerdor is not to keep the sticks cold (although if they do get into the 80's for an extended period you run the risk of hatching beetle eggs) but to keep the humidity of the cigars between 65 - 70%.

Do a search on coolerdors on this site and you'll find plenty of helpfull info.

As for your half full fridge, I recommend filling it with a good beer! :thumbs:

Maggs44 said:
lucasbuck said:

AVO
Montecristo
CAO Gold
National Brand Sungrown
Griffins
Fonseca Maduro
I just got 3 of those from your suggestion list, just wondering if they need to be aged awile. Only got 1 of each in a sampler, not sure if I can/should wait?

All tubos.
Monty H2000 Robusto
AVO XO Notturo
Griffins Robusto

Also have a
Don Thomas Interlude tubo
Don Diego Royal Palm tubo
I would go ahead and smoke them now. They will improve with age but boxes are for aging. Singles are for smoking :D All of the ones you listed are good smokes to get you started. Let us know how you liked them :thumbs:

Welcome to Cigarpass!
And don't forget to fill out your Profile. Include your mailing address, and you never know what might show up in your mailbox someday!

Welcome aboard JonnyB be very careful around cigarbid.com berry berry addictive ;)

BenjieV :D