• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Justin Verlander traded to the Astros

That it is and same with me on the second part, I pretty much only watch baseball.

Carlos Corera returned today, Lance McCullers will be back this week and the Astros just swept a three game series from the Mets today. Prior to this, it was looking iffy for the Astros to finish with the best record in the AL since the Indians just won ten in a row but finishing first in the AL would be fantastic and today's developments are a plus.

I just ran across something earlier today, Sports Illustrated cover story on June 30, 2014 said the Astros would win the World Series in 2017 with George Springer on the cover.

I hope they're right.

I coulda got it for 40 bucks on eBay on September 3rd. Now they're asking $1,000.00!:oops:

Yep, quite a series, great win for the Astros over a fantastic Dodgers ball club.

Nice to see two Connecticut boys (Springer and Charlie Morton) contribute as much as they did.

As I said before, I'm not a real, avid sports fan, just a pretty casual one but as Wednesday night went on and the more I thought about it on Thursday seeing all the news stories and thinking of my 44 years of Astros memories, I gotta admit, I got pretty choked up a few times. I guess it does mean more to me than I thought it did!

Thanks for the nice wishes everyone, this was a heck of a year to be and Astros fan.

Jose Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz

And I was there in 81 when Ryan (with help from Puhl) threw his no hitter.

I have fallen off the baseball wagon, but I still search for the 'stros scores

T

Jose Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz, my first "favorite" baseball player! I think he turned 69 this year.

I didn't see that no-hitter but I remember it very well, Puhl made that one-handed catch on a ball hit by Mike Scioscia who I always had respect and admiration for which is why even though the Angels are now an Astros rival, I can never "hate" the Angels now as he's their manager (longest tenured current manager in the majors, I believe). I like the Dodgers too, how can anyone NOT like Tommy Lasorda or Vin Scully?

Thanks MX for reminding me of the no-hitter.:D