• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kansas City BBQ & lodging

Cparker

My dogs don't smoke
Well, it has finally happened. After three years, my Ford Bronco is waiting in Granger, Iowa. While I am still considering shipping it to the ATL, my girlfriend is interested in driving it home with a pitt stop in KC. While I love Outlaw Cigar and the BBQ (burnt ends), her goal is to see Taylor Swift at Arrowhead stadium. The show is July 6, 7.

I know her shows have the impact on hotel rooms like a Super Bowl, so am hoping some of the BOTL in KC can advise of good hotels in or around KC. I will likely flying Des Moine and drive down to KC then go through St. Louis on the way back to ATL. Not looking for ultra high end hotel but also don't want to sleep with one eye open with my new Bronco parked outside. Since I am flying, no way to carry any armaments.

Hoping for some local intel on burnt ends, hotels and if you have any ideas on concert tickets that would be appreciated.

Thanks you in advance.

Cparker

Wow, 3 years for you to get your Bronco?I want to see some pictures of it! Sounds like a great trip. TSwift tickets are hard to get from my understanding unless you are able to do the after market.

Oklahoma Joe’s, and Slaps bbq I could probably eat everyday and never get tired of any of their bbq. Q39 is good, it’s more elegant I guess as opposed to a paper sack full of bbq. It’s seems like people always hit the franchise bbq joints like Jack Stacks and Arthur Bryant’s, which is fine if that’s what you like.

Diebels Sportsman Gallery is a fantastic cigar shop. They have two locations in town, the plaza location is a great place. There’s also La Cultura cigar lounge downtown that is nice as well.

As for lodging, most of the areas around the stadiums can be… questionable.. at best. I’d probably recommend staying in the Overland Park area, or downtown.

As far as tickets go, I’ve got no advice there unfortunately.

Hope this helps you, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oklahoma Joe’s, and Slaps bbq I could probably eat everyday and never get tired of any of their bbq. Q39 is good, it’s more elegant I guess as opposed to a paper sack full of bbq. It’s seems like people always hit the franchise bbq joints like Jack Stacks and Arthur Bryant’s, which is fine if that’s what you like.
Oklahoma Joe's isn't the same anymore. They sold out and renamed it Kansas City Joe's. That is the place to go. Or Q39 I would also agree with.