• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kaywoodie Pipe

MJL

I picked up this Kaywoodie pipe yesterday. It appears to be unsmoked. I paid $15 for it. Any idea what model this pipe is and when it was made? How did I do on the price? The numbers on the side are 7786B. It is marked DRINKLESS KAYWOODIE on the left shank. There is a cloverleaf on the top of the stem.Thanks in advance!

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

For many years, my Kaywoodie full bent was part of the local police department's anti-drug display board.

When they confiscated it ( as well as some genuine contraband), I assured them that it had never been used for anything other than tobacco to no avail. I recall saying something to the effect of "But it's a Kaywoodie!" as if the mere notion of it being a dope pipe was unthinkable.

I doubt there are many of us here who in 1973 would have been able to sue the government at all, let alone to regain a $5(?) pipe.

So that brings me to my question - is Kaywoodie still in business? I gave up pipe smoking some years back.

It looks like its in the style of a Apple. Not a fan of straight pipes myself but it looks like a decent starter pipe. No offense intended.

For many years, my Kaywoodie full bent was part of the local police department's anti-drug display board.

When they confiscated it ( as well as some genuine contraband), I assured them that it had never been used for anything other than tobacco to no avail. I recall saying something to the effect of "But it's a Kaywoodie!" as if the mere notion of it being a dope pipe was unthinkable.

I doubt there are many of us here who in 1973 would have been able to sue the government at all, let alone to regain a $5(?) pipe.

So that brings me to my question - is Kaywoodie still in business? I gave up pipe smoking some years back.

Still in business, and making some damned fine pipes these days aparently. Why someone would think they're drug pipes is beyond me (why ruin a perfectly good pipe?!?) Check out the GFO links above :)