• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

KC Royals in FIRST place on May 1st?

What place with the Royals finish in the AL Central in 2009?

• 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd

• 3rd

• 4th

• Where they always finish (LAST !)

• Total voters

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
So, will they keep it up and finish in first or wind up where they always do? :laugh:

Looks like they dropped a 1/2 game out by the close of business on May 1st BUT they started the day in FIRST PLACE and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw the Royals in first place after the first week of playing in a helluva long time.

TIME TO VOTE! :thumbs:

They did it in 2003 when they stayed in first place until early August. They finished that season 2 games over .500.

My heart wants me to believe that they can stay in first place all season, and with Greinke, Meche, Davies, and Bannister pitching like they are there is always a chance. However, my head tells me that the struggles of their bullpen, combined with the fact that they still need a couple more bats tells me that while I still think they will finish above .500 and compete all season, they just don't have enough to win it this year. Damn it's nice to be talking Royals baseball without hanging my head in shame for being a fan.

Never count anyone out in the Central. We are all choke artists.

The Royals have been building a nice team, it would be cool to see the Tigs and Royals batteling it out for 1st.

They did it in 2003 when they stayed in first place until early August. They finished that season 2 games over .500.

My heart wants me to believe that they can stay in first place all season, and with Greinke, Meche, Davies, and Bannister pitching like they are there is always a chance. However, my head tells me that the struggles of their bullpen, combined with the fact that they still need a couple more bats tells me that while I still think they will finish above .500 and compete all season, they just don't have enough to win it this year. Damn it's nice to be talking Royals baseball without hanging my head in shame for being a fan.

I agree with Brent. I think the Royals have good starting pitching and the best closer in the game. But inconsistent hitting and Hillman's poor managing decisions will doom them in the end. But it IS nice to see the Royals doing well!

Remember that start? 16-3 and it was a blast every night at the park. That was back when I lived in KC and the town was going nuts. Talent ended up catching up with us, though.

and Hillman's poor managing decisions will doom them in the end.

Yep, Hillman is just not a major league manager. He's in over his head.

Well, it appears the Royals are starting their annual slide to the bottom of the division -- a little later than usual, though. Great starting pitching just can't overcome shoddy baserunning, poor defense, and weak hitting.